1968_bills_fan

Where might Machado wind up if not in Baltimore.

6 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

The way things ended up between Rodriguez and NY, don't you think that may have an impact?

Yeah, but I'm not talking about Alex luring him there. I'm talking about all those teenage years dreaming of playing in pinstripes. If the Orioles can't afford him, that might well be a factor among clubs who can.

This topic should be banned.  So much nonsense posted about it all the time.  

The Orioles can keep and the money is there.  

All this woe is us stuff all the time is over the top.

A lot of teams could be in play. 

NYY are the safe bet. The sad part is it's not really up to us. If the Yankees want him they will get him.

Do the Yankees have any stud SS/3B coming up in their system? Our best hope is that he's blocked at SS and they go after Bryce instead.

6 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

A lot of teams could be in play. 

NYY are the safe bet. The sad part is it's not really up to us. If the Yankees want him they will get him.

Do the Yankees have any stud SS/3B coming up in their system? Our best hope is that he's blocked at SS and they go after Bryce instead.

The "new Jeter" (Gleyber Torres, the No. 3 overall prospect who they got from the Cubs last summer in the Chapman deal) will be up before the end of 2017, most likely. But there's still a spot for Manny on that side of the infield.

45 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

I've been saying. Offer 10/300 right now

This^

Dodgers, Red Sox or Orioles [if we show the money, win a pennant, extend Buck, etc.].

I'm personally not sold on the idea that the Yankees are going to automatically have this next great renessaince in a few years such that everyone will be falling over themselves to play in the Bronx. Seems a little media-created. Let's wait and see a bit on that one...

The Dodgers and Red Sox have similar resources and as of today a far more compelling argument than NYY (IMHO) should he choose to bolt.

32 minutes ago, Moondoggie said:

The "new Jeter" (Gleyber Torres, the No. 3 overall prospect who they got from the Cubs last summer in the Chapman deal) will be up before the end of 2017, most likely. But there's still a spot for Manny on that side of the infield.

The other factor to consider then would be that maybe Manny wants to play SS?  Well, we know he prefers to play SS.  But how much of a factor does that play into who he signs with, we don't know.  

Looking into that Torres kid, there is no guarantee he stays at SS.  Looks like the Yankees are rotating him between SS, 2B, and 3B.  I read that as Manny will play SS for the Yankees if that's where he wants to play.

12 minutes ago, Eddie_Murray33 said:

Dodgers, Red Sox or Orioles [if we show the money, win a pennant, extend Buck, etc.].

I'm personally not sold on the idea that the Yankees are going to automatically have this next great renessaince in a few years such that everyone will be falling over themselves to play in the Bronx. Seems a little media-created. Let's wait and see a bit on that one...

The Dodgers and Red Sox have similar resources and as of today a far more compelling argument than NYY (IMHO) should he choose to bolt.

Corey Seager and Xander Bogaerts. Those teams also have 3B making a nice penny who are signed through 2020/2021. 

NYY, MIami, maybe the Phillies and Mets will be in play. 

If we are "fortunate" enough at some point next season to know that Manny's almost certainly not coming back- then of course he should be moved for the best offer.

For now though- put our heads down and keep playing great ball in '17!

45 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

SS is Gleyber Torres for sure.  Top five prospect in all of baseball.  Jorge Mateo is also there.

3B is Miguel Andujar.  See link below.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/miguel-andujar-stop-yankees-pursuing-machado-2019-article-1.2983916

7 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Corey Seager and Xander Bogaerts. Those teams also have 3B making a nice penny who are signed through 2020/2021. 

NYY, MIami, maybe the Phillies and Mets will be in play. 

Thinking of the Dodgers in particular- could easily see them adding Manny and putting Seager on the bench or trading him. Their "budget" is literally irrelevant. 

NYY of course (though I have my reservations above). I hear you on Miami, Philadelphia and NY Mets- though all seem risky (in an A-ROD/Texas kind of way) IMHO- particularly if you have similar offers on the table from say the Dodgers, NYY and Orioles (where you've already thrived). Who knows though...

1 hour ago, Moondoggie said:

His friend and mentor is Alex Rodriguez, so it's not hard to figure out what team he dreamed of playing for while growing up...

Seattle? :D

4 minutes ago, Eddie_Murray33 said:

Thinking of the Dodgers in particular- could easily see them adding Manny and putting Seager on the bench or trading him. Their "budget" is literally irrelevant. 

NYY of course (though I have my reservations above). I hear you on Miami, Philadelphia and NY Mets- though all seem risky (in an A-ROD/Texas kind of way) IMHO- particularly if you have similar offers on the table from say the Dodgers, NYY and Orioles (where you've already thrived). Who knows though...

There is zero chance that the Dodgers are benching Seager. They're not trading him either. He's an MVP candidate. If anyone goes, it would be Turner. Third is where Seager may well end up down the road anyway.