Rene88

That Loss Was On Buck but Wilson must go

1 minute ago, Crazysilver03 said:

I am still confused as to why Nuno is on this roster. I would have kept Chrichton over Nuno today.

Because he is a lefty and we have 4 RH starters.  Plus is a multiple inning guy. 

1 minute ago, Rene88 said:

Duendecillo is troll in Spanish, be consistent.

Una mofeta por cualquier otro nombre olería tan mal.1355355194531419935troll-md.png

• Downvote 2

20 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Tie game on the road is a classic long man situation because you can't use your closer and you don't know if/when your team will score.

This.    I have no problem with Buck's choice.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Frobby said:

Right the long man's job is to pitch in situations where several innings are needed. This was such a situation.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Because he is a lefty and we have 4 RH starters.  Plus is a multiple inning guy. 

Yet hasn't been used for any of those reasons yet, whereas everyone else has multiple appearances. 

8 minutes ago, Frobby said:

So you can explain the logic of Brach only being available to protect a lead?

It makes no sense to me.

Either a pitcher is available or he is not.

26 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

And I bet you rationalized not using Britton in the WC too? Just curious. We all love Buck but certain fans will defend him at all costs. 

Sorry, I just don't agree with your assessment. Accepting losing "is annoying", particularly when it's the Blue Jays! 

Is this a joke? You're comparing the 10th game of the regular season to a sudden death postseason game? When the Orioles' best relievers were clearly unavailable in this case?

You got to put the dagger in, they were 1-9.

That's the thing-- the Orioles DID put the dagger in, on Thursday and Friday. They used their three best relievers to close out both of those games, and it worked. But you can't manage that way every single game without burning out your best relievers and risking injury. So today they paid the price for "putting the dagger in" in the first two games. That's baseball. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This loss is on me....I said to my wife, when I saw Wilson return in the 9th...this is likely to be over in one pitch....Bingo. I do thing Buck stretched Asher a bit. I also think Buck manages to win series and this was his sacrificial game with Asher vs Estrada. It was fun watching Buck have Gentry steal a base!! I thought Smith was only thinking double when the ball left the bat in the first, if he hustled all the way, I think it was an easy triple. Also, Flaherty is a lost soul at the plate, very Josephish.

Score something when you have the chances early in the game and this isn't an issue. Imo you can only blame a loss this early in the season on the bullpen or manager if your team scores more than 3.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

So you can explain the logic of Brach only being available to protect a lead?

It makes no sense to me.

Either a pitcher is available or he is not.

Brach is arguably our most effective reliever currently. He shouldn't be used 3 days in a row. But in a pinch he could be. Better to save him to close, than to waste him in a hold situation, and lose him for a couple of days.

• Downvote 1

I forgot to mention I was at the game. Interesting place......foot long dogs, fries with gravy and a lot of Bacardi Rum spots!! Looking forward to seeing Bundy tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

Just now, UpstateNYfan said:

I forgot to mention I was at the game. Interesting place......foot long dogs, fries with gravy and a lot of Bacardi Rum spots!! Looking forward to seeing Bundy tomorrow.

Oh so it was your fault eh? :P

• Downvote 1

54 minutes ago, UpstateNYfan said:

I went back in 2009 up to the Rogers Center. It feels like watching a baseball game in a bowling alley. I couldn't believe the concourse was carpeted. It's a very unique baseball experience, for better or worse.

All of this has been said already, but it seems clear that Brach was Buck's closer today....and probably only if we had a one or two run lead.  In Buck's mind, using Brach in that situation would be throwing caution to the wind and "going for the jugular". Otherwise, it was anybody else not named Britton or O'Day.  Should he have used Givens? Maybe, but who knows what is going on in that bullpen: flu, Givens couldn't tell Buck the year Jackie Robinson played a MLB game, a ding or tightness.  We needed one more run, much more than we needed better bullpen management.