Babypowder

Britton injured - DL

I wonder if this could be the first link in a chain of events that could lead to Sedlock being put on the 40 and appearing out of the pen at some point.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

One is forced to wonder if this is a new development or if he was trying to pitch through it.

Pretty substantial blow to the team in any case.

There is no way to be certain, but he certainly pitched like he was playing through something. On the other hand, if that was the case and he comes back looking better, then maybe it's for the best. Playing through injuries for months on end rarely works out well.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

WTH is he doing throwing a curve ball?

Isn't that the fourth best pitch of a one pitch pitcher?

I remember that curve and thinking the same thing....or that it was some other pitch he screwed up on.  I think he gets bored out there.

2 minutes ago, Chavez Ravine said:

I remember that curve and thinking the same thing....or that it was some other pitch he screwed up on.  I think he gets bored out there.

I wonder if Beef called for it?

I remember he had a pretty decent split finger pitch.

14 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I wonder if this could be the first link in a chain of events that could lead to Sedlock being put on the 40 and appearing out of the pen at some point.

Don't see the sense in that when we have Crichton, Yacabonis, and tons of other bullpen options.

Hard to believe this just cropped up on Friday night and they are already DLing him.   If they really thought it was minor, I'd think they'd wait it out a few days.  I too wonder if this is something that's been lingering all spring.   When Buck says it's something we want to take care of so it doesn't linger all year long it makes me think that something happened long before Friday night.

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Don't see the sense in that when we have Crichton, Yacabonis, and tons of other bullpen options.

I don't have faith in any of those guys being a shutdown guy in the pen.

Sedlock might be able to do that.  I'm not talking now, I talking if Britton is out for an extended period and Dan/Buck has already ran all these guys out there.  Sometime after the ASB.