Sign in to follow this  
OFFNY

vs. REDS, 4/18

18 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

CoC's been joking about Gausman "not being a winner" but I'm starting to see it.  He pitches just well enough not to win.

That's not happening tonight. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, SteveA said:

Four man bench, and one is a backup C who won't be used.   So only 3 potential pinch hitters in the game, and we will probably need all 3.   And one of them is Flaherty who probably didn't have that much more chance of getting a hit than Gausman.   Save Mancini for a men on base situation.   So basically it could have been Kim but that's about it.   3rd inning is just too early to start with the pinch hitters with this tiny a bench.

Four man bench? Did I miss a transaction where they called up a pitcher for a position player today? 

Just now, TINSTAAPP said:

That's the difference between Gausman and Bundy. When one pitch isn't working for Bundy, he has two or three other pitches that he can use to get outs. When Gausman's fastball command is off, he gets hammered because he doesn't have other pitches he can turn to.

It's crazy because he had a "plus-plus" changeup when he came out of college, and a good slider.  It's like we took ithem away from him.

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I thought he came out once?

He did. Bigger hitter if the game was Hamilton. Two grounders for hits and Votto hits third.  Terrible to let it impact him so much. Just get the number 2 hitter, can always pitch around Votto if you want.

1 minute ago, TINSTAAPP said:

Four man bench? Did I miss a transaction where they called up a pitcher for a position player today? 

Sorry I forgot Gentry

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Why wouldn't he? Only reason they left in him last inning. Still have 6 innings to get thru. 

I figured it was so they didn't have to bring a reliever in to finish the inning so they could PH.

3 minutes ago, Chavez Ravine said:

Did Miguel make Dan do Mariachi Karaoke at the Christmas party or something? Why???

Dan picked Tyler Wilson and Mike Wright instead.  Good call. 

• Upvote 1