ArtVanDelay

Manny furious after the game

1 hour ago, backwardsk said:

So if Manny wears one in the first...

Let it go?

Yes. If both teams have been warned before the game and Manny is thrown at then the pitcher is tossed. If Manny goes nuts and charges the mound then he could get tossed too. The O's need Manny. Cooler heads are needed. 

• Upvote 1

Gotta say I'm pretty confused by this:

First of all, I didn't think it was the Sandoval slide that caused Schoop's injury. And secondly, Ubaldo got ejected from a game in that series for throwing at Sandoval's shoulder...

Bring up the 2 hardest throwers in the Minors and drill 2 of them in a row. Since they are minor leaguers it won't hurt the ML club. I'm half kidding, part of me wants them to do it. Anyway, if I was Manny I'd be tired of it too. I've been hit and thrown at by guys that can throw 90. Not a fun experience and it always gets you riled up.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SurhoffFTW said:

Gotta say I'm pretty confused by this:

First of all, I didn't think it was the Sandoval slide that caused Schoop's injury. And secondly, Ubaldo got ejected from a game in that series for throwing at Sandoval's shoulder...

Folks seem to think that Schoop's injury, which if I recall correctly was during baserunning, was at least partially due to the damage the slide did.  The two incidents were pretty tightly grouped.

I really appreciated Manny's tirade after the game.  That made sure Torre and Manfra took notice and hopefully will end things here.

4 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Palmer just said that if you suspend Sale, you'd have to suspend Bundy too. Why? Bundy was never issued a warning.

o

Even excellent broadcasters make mistakes sometimes.

I agree with you on this one.

o

8 hours ago, Tx Oriole said:

That's not the way to handle it. Why hit Pedroia? He is not the bad guy in this. Like Frobby said let the umpires handle it. 

Because Pedroia is the guy getting hit that is going to bother the Red Sox and their fans the most.

o

Speaking of bad blood between a Boston team and a Baltimore/Washington area team:

olde9y55la4uc5d1bi9b.gif

o

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• @Tony-OH Just another quick thank you for the time and effort of doing this.  Makes my lunchtime reading very enjoyable!
    • Because I the idea of a good, veteran defensive SS anchoring the infield while we--hopefully--feature a very young pitching staff next year getting their feet wet at the Major League level. I am not a fan of Velazquez and am skeptical about Martin. I guess you could sign someone like Hechavarria, but it's going to be hard to find a good defensive shortstop that is not completely useless at the plate for the cost of Iglesias (and we certainly aren't going to pay any more than that for someone for next year, nor should we).  With the young pitching, I want to give them as much as possible to succeed. To me, that means good defense up the middle and at least some offense. I don't want them always expecting to have to be nearly perfect to have a chance of getting their team a win. Having some wiggle room from time-to-time, in my estimation, is helpful. Of course, I don't have data to back that up, but that's my thought.
    • 2021 midseason moves will probably be crazy.   The whiffing in the NYP suggests a conservative initial assignment, but also one where hopefully he's Barry Bonds grown man to the children he'll be playing with.  A good Stowers '21 I think pushes through three levels; two is making par, maybe.
    • From the underrated guitarist department...  
    • I saw Stowers multiple games with Aberdeen in Brooklyn in 2019.  He just glides across the OF in large strides (which makes it all the more impressive that Janvrin pushed Stowers to RF - which gave the Aberdeen pitchers two OFers who could track down everything that possibly could be tracked down).  As I posted at the time, we sat with Mark Dashbach's father and had to cheer for our three Stanford guys with him.   I hope what the Os saw with Stower's swing is fixable because there's a big hit risk here for a second rounder IMO.  This pick has the downside of the OF equivalent of a Cadyn Grenier.  It would be an enormous boost to our OFers at the bottom of the system if Stowers turns into the player the Os envisioned when drafted.
    • This is really good. Sideys from something I was listening. I saw Edgar, right near here in Chambersburg. Very excellent! Don't know what event that was, Ringo introducing.
    • That's a good way to look at it honestly. Stowers is certainly a projection guy with a decent ceiling, but he has a high risk profile on whether he can get there or not.
  • Popular Contributors