Diehard_O's_Fan

Dear Rain Gods: Please rain tonight's game out.

A lot of times a pitcher could stay in for the three inning save and they are pulled for the Big Three at the back end. 

Sunday May 07, Asher was pulled with a Four Run lead just to get Brach in the game for a save.  Should have left Asher to finish the contest.

Monday May 08, Gausman was pulled after seven innings with a 4 run lead.  We rush to the backend again by using O'day (1 Run) and Brach (1 Run) and left Hart and Verrett on the bench.

Tuesday May 09, we were behind and used Verret to finish up what Ubaldo and Givens had held together.  We then optioned him to the Minors and brought up Nuno.

Wednesday May 10, Ahead by Three runs we run Givens, Hart, Asher and Brach out to preserve the win while the call up of Nuno sits on the Bull Pen Bench.  If Nuno can not be trusted with three runs in the sixth then why did we recall him in the first place??

What's with the panic?

Orioles are playing some of the best baseball they've played in a long time. I say play as many as you can and enjoy it. Nats bullpen can only go up from here, no scherzer or strasburg. Play it.

Looks like the rain is clearing up.

• Upvote 1

We don't want a rainout. Heard on the radio that there are two days where the Orioles and Gnats both have off. For the Orioles it would mean playing 21 days in a row.... not good

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

We don't want a rainout. Heard on the radio that there are two days where the Orioles and Gnats both have off. For the Orioles it would mean playing 21 days in a row.... not good

They have to play the game on May 15. The only other common off-day is June 8. Problem is that June 8 is the only off-day the Nationals have over a 29 day stretch.  You can't ask the Nats to play 29 days in a row. The O's will have to come back to DC in the middle of their road trip against KC and Detroit. Let's just hope they can get this game in.

1 minute ago, TINSTAAPP said:

They have to play the game on May 15. The only other common off-day is June 8. Problem is that June 8 is the only off-day the Nationals have over a 29 day stretch.  You can't ask the Nats to play 29 days in a row. The O's will have to come back to DC in the middle of their road trip against KC and Detroit. Let's just hope they can get this game in.

I don't think the Orioles would interrupt the road trip to come back east for one day.

What about the Thursday of the All Star Break?   I remember when teams used to play on that Thursday.

1 minute ago, Br10n said:

Can't play in DC but Bowie is OK?   What the heck?

It looked like they would have had a window according to TWC. 

1 minute ago, maybenxtyr said:

It looked like they would have had a window according to TWC. 

On the radio, they're saying it's not even raining in DC at the moment.

16 minutes ago, TINSTAAPP said:

June 8. The Nationals got majorly screwed. Oh well.

Screwed? We are the ones that got screwed. We had our best pitcher going against a scrub they had scheduled who has a career 4.86 ERA. 

Can someone tell me who is in charge of deciding on the rainout? Is the home team or MLB? I think they 100% hosed us.

We 100% wanted to play this game. I'm thinking some funny business is going on. There is only a 15% chance of rain. It's a JOKE this game was rained out.

PS. The only reason the bullpen is taxed is because we have too many outfielders. Rickard needs to go down (Or Kim needs to be cut but I love Kim).

Hasn't been raining down here for nearly the last hour. Weather app (admittedly far from a sure thing) shows minimal/no chance of rain tonight. As someone else pointed out, they're playing in Bowie...

Just beyond pathetic...