Roy Firestone

Just poor pitching...this team doesnt have it

...cant win with this...Hard to watch now..Have to take a break..All the BIG blown leads...makes it not even fun to watch..Taking a break from this team now...This is not even a .500 team with this pitching...

The difficult part is that with this epidemic of injuries across MLB, there's going to be more teams than usual looking for pitching. That means the price for pitching is going to be sky high from now until the dead line.

Seems like nobody can throw strike one right now. Behind every batter. That and a failure to put guys away with two strikes. It's contagious.

Things will get better. All these same pitchers were getting much different results a couple weeks ago. But we badly need that 7th reliever and a couple 7 inning starts. 

• Upvote 1

Cry wolf enough times and you are bound to be right eventually.

Buck doesn't look like quite the genius without a pen full of studs.

Carrying a 6 man pen when you refuse to properly use your bench in close games just makes that decision look even more ridiculous.

This team has far too many fleas to win in a division like the AL East. Too many holes and even worse, ZERO solutions in AAA.

Thanks Dan.

I despise mid game threads assuming we've lost the game.    This team doesn't give up nearly as easily as some fans.   

That said, our bullpen is running on fumes.   Brach and Givens have been overused, and it shows.   They both badly need some down time, but it's hard to give it to them.    

Obviously, the O's will be going with a 7-man pen tomorrow night, and for the foreseeable future.    

• Upvote 1

Just now, Frobby said:

I despise mid game threads assuming we've lost the game.    This team doesn't give up nearly as easily as some fans.   

That said, our bullpen is running on fumes.   Brach and Givens have been overused, and it shows.   They both badly need some down time, but it's hard to give it to them.    

Obviously, the O's will be going with a 7-man pen tomorrow night, and for the foreseeable future.    

At this point they might need an 8 man bullpen. Miley and Gausman on there better days, only give the team 4-5 innings and need to be piggy backed with Asher and or someone else. 

LOL, Roy.  I mean don't get me wrong, I thought they were going to lose when they gave up the lead 8-7. But gotta play all 27 (or in this case more) outs.  The offense showed the heart of a lion tonight and picked up the bullpen's bonfire.  Great credit to Asher and Blier as well as O'Day.  

Roy don't get me wrong, I have a ton of respect for you so I don't want you to feel like I'm just harping on you here.  Just telling it how it is in this case, nothing else.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Is Brach that overworked or just slumping?

5 minutes ago, O's84 said:

LOL, Roy.  I mean don't get me wrong, I thought they were going to lose when they gave up the lead 8-7. But gotta play all 27 (or in this case more) outs.  The offense showed the heart of a lion tonight and picked up the bullpen's bonfire.  Great credit to Asher and Blier as well as O'Day.  

Roy don't get me wrong, I have a ton of respect for you so I don't want you to feel like I'm just harping on you here.  Just telling it how it is in this case, nothing else.

How is Roy wrong about the 2017 outlook for this team? Recent O's seasons have been built on a tripod of power, infield defense, and the bullpen. If you take away one leg of a tripod, it tumbles down.

Maybe they'll bounce back, but I am extremely concerned. The pen arms don't look right this season.