Sign in to follow this  
Roy Firestone

One in a row...can we build on it?

Im not exactly thrilled that Tillman is going on the matinee, but the Orioles have ZERO options right now. Im pretty sure Tillman is hurt and I don't know what Id do, but its doesn't instill confidence in me. Maybe he's got a miracle start in him..5 innings. 3 or fewer runs...but as I say, I dont think he's healthy.

• Upvote 1

o

The Yankees just lost their 2nd straight game to the Angels.

In tonight's game, the Yankees scored 4 runs in the top of the 1st inning ........ but the Angels dominated the remainder of the game, and came away with a 7-5 win.

o

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Tough to generate any kind of winning streak with this rotation.  

Well I am surprised they won. Glad they did though.

9 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

Im not exactly thrilled that Tillman is going on the matinee, but the Orioles have ZERO options right now. Im pretty sure Tillman is hurt and I don't know what Id do, but its doesn't instill confidence in me. Maybe he's got a miracle start in him..5 innings. 3 or fewer runs...but as I say, I dont think he's healthy.

When does Ubaldo get back in the rotation... he is pretty clearly (statistically) the O's second best starter

• Upvote 1

You're only as good as your next day's SP.  I hope Tillman can do something but he's been rocked in almost every start this year even going back to his milb rehab starts.   We just have to see what happens.  It would be really nice to not be down 5 runs today.  

On 6/15/2017 at 1:34 AM, OFFNY said:

o

The Yankees just lost their 2nd straight game to the Angels.

In tonight's game, the Yankees scored 4 runs in the top of the 1st inning ........ but the Angels dominated the remainder of the game, and came away with a 7-5 win.

o

o

Tomorrow, it will have been a full week since the Yankees last won a game.

I'm glad that the Orioles have managed to go 3-2 in their last 5 games.

Still, I think that the hole that the Orioles are in is larger than the 4 and-a-half game deficit might indicate. As a fan of the team, I'm just kind of hoping that they can avoid disaster and make it to the All-Star break in reasonably good shape ...... and perhaps just as significantly, get Darren O'Day back and healthy by then, followed by Zach Britton later on down the road.

o

15 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Still, I think that the hole that the Orioles are in is larger than the 4 and-a-half game deficit might indicate. As a fan of the team, I'm just kind of hoping that they can avoid disaster and make it to the All-Star break in reasonably good shape ...... and perhaps just as significantly, get Darren O'Day back and healthy by then, followed by Zach Britton later on down the road.

o

He looked in mid-season (just about) form on that catch of Castillo's homer!  :clap:

On 6/18/2017 at 9:19 PM, OFFNY said:

o

o

o

The Orioles are 4-3 in their last 7 games, and the Yankees lost again (7 losses in a row for them, now.)

I believe that getting O'Day and Britton back will solve about half of the Orioles' major problems ...... unfortunately, the other half of their major problems (the starting pitching) is not as easy to solve as simply getting a couple of excellent relief pitchers back from injury.

o

o

(JUNE 25th)

The Orioles are 4 games behind the division leaders (the Yankees and the Red Sox.)

o

I'm trying to remember the last time the AL East was this weak.  It might be the weakest division in the whole league for the first time in many years.  Then again three teams in the league are over .500, though all of them are on a downswing.  Oddball year for baseball, at least in the AL.

Edited by CheeryO