Sign in to follow this  
Roy Firestone

One in a row...can we build on it?

2 minutes ago, CheeryO said:

I'm trying to remember the last time the AL East was this weak.  It might be the weakest division in the whole league for the first time in many years.

Going into today, the division was 13 games over .500.   They had a tough week, but it's still a very strong division.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

We've actually won 5 of our last 8 games.    

o

And the Yankees have gone 2-10 over their last 12 games.

I think that the Orioles' struggles seem worse though, because of their overall starting pitching being in such disarray.

o

23 minutes ago, CheeryO said:

I'm trying to remember the last time the AL East was this weak. It might be the weakest division in the whole league for the first time in many years. Then again, three teams in the division are over .500, though all of them are on a downswing. Oddball year for baseball, at least in the AL.

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Going into today, the division was 13 games over .500. They had a tough week, but it's still a very strong division.  

o

Agreed.

I think that the AL East is stronger than all 3 National League divisions, and slightly stronger than the AL Central.

o

2 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Agreed.

I think that the AL East is stronger than all 3 National League divisions, as well as the AL Central.

o

The NL West is pretty easily the best division in baseball this year, in terms of record.

21 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Going into today, the division was 13 games over .500.   They had a tough week, but it's still a very strong division.  

Yeah, if you look at it in terms of overall record the AL East is pretty good.  But the top two teams in the league have gone pretty cold.  The Yankees have not had a spectacular pitching crisis the way the O's have, but they are looking more like the Yankees people thought they'd be: big bats and inconsistent starting pitching.  None of the AL East teams looks like they're a sure thing to make the playoffs, and here it's almost July.

1 minute ago, CheeryO said:

Yeah, if you look at it in terms of overall record the AL East is pretty good.  But the top two teams in the league have gone pretty cold.  The Yankees have not had a spectacular pitching crisis the way the O's have, but they are looking more like the Yankees people thought they'd be: big bats and inconsistent starting pitching.  None of the AL East teams looks like they're a sure thing to make the playoffs, and here it's almost July.

The division has 3 teams in it with over 40 wins.  The rest of the American Leagye has 1.  The NL west is the best by far but this division is possibly the 2nd best.

55 minutes ago, CheeryO said:

It's a long season and teams have their ups and downs.    I'm pretty confident that when the dust settles, the AL East will have acquitted itself well.    Meanwhile, the O's have played lousy baseball for six weeks and they're not at all out of the race.    I wish I could say I'm optimistic, but I can't say that considering how bad the starting pitching has been.   But, I haven't given up hope, either.     NY and Boston had a chance to run away and hide, and they couldn't do it.    This has been a fairly crazy season so far in terms of many teams going hot and cold at different times, so I'm just waiting to see what other twists and turns may occur.   

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

We've got Stroman tonight and Ubaldo goes for us tomorrow night...Lets see what our record is then....

Plus we never score in the first inning and Jones always strikes out. :disco:

It's shaping up to be the season many of us (myself included) feared most.  An aging, mediocre team playing in a division where every team is groping for mojo as the trade deadline approaches.  Is that PA's last hurrah I see in the distance?

51 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

The Orioles and the Rays are both 6-4 over their last 10 games.

The Red Sox are 5-5.

The Blue Jays are 4-6.

The Yankees are 3-7.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/standings

o

48 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

We've got Stroman tonight, and Ubaldo goes for us tomorrow night ...... Let's see what our record is then .......

o

Roy, if you can get excited enough to start a thread about a one-game winning streak in the first place, then I can get excited about the team going 6-4 over a 10-game stretch.

o

32 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Roy, if you can get excited enough to start a thread about a one-game winning streak in the first place, then I can get excited about the team going 6-4 over a 10-game stretch.

o

Well, TBF, he Is Roy now.  

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, 24fps said:

It's shaping up to be the season many of us (myself included) feared most.  An aging, mediocre team playing in a division where every team is groping for mojo as the trade deadline approaches.  Is that PA's last hurrah I see in the distance?

Ah yes but the two-sided coin.  There are some positives (he said as he looked into his own "distance" and saw the last hurrah shouting back at him) to that statement.  :ph34r:

1 hour ago, El Gordo said:

Plus we never score in the first inning and Jones always strikes out. :disco:

...and don''t get me started on that freaking Janish!  ;-)