Jump to content
glenn__davis

Zac Lowther

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I wonder if he'll be on the 3-inning plan all summer, like Sedlock and Akin last year.    

I have a feeling all pitchers that were drafted will be. Haven't heard anything, just a feeling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw the game. Brooklyn is just terrible, they were overmatched. It was a nice debut, but he doesn't throw hard. Mid 80's, lots of deception.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 2nd favorite draft pick, love the movement he gets on his fb, love the breaking stuff, I think he's going to be the surprise of the draft for us. Nice start, thanks for getting a thread going, I didn't realize he had pitched for us yet. He's a big boy, it wouldn't be surprising if some professional instruction could get him a few more mph on his fb, but the movement is what makes him intriguing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The link contains a video of his 5th K, it shows the entire AB. If the O's have caused you to stress over foul balls & 3-2 counts, don't watch it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Cumberbundy said:

The link contains a video of his 5th K, it shows the entire AB. If the O's have caused you to stress over foul balls & 3-2 counts, don't watch it. 

The earlier Ks were more efficient, I think he only threw 37 pitches in his three innings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7/5 start: Curveball not as sharp tonight, wasn't throwing it for strikes.  Gave up some solid contact, but enough pitch-ability to get out of trouble, also used his fastball at the top of the zone well to get Ks.  Again, I'll say that he's a guy that should get a taste of Delmarva before the end of the season.  Even without his best stuff he strikes out 5 and walks none in 3 innings with just 42 pitches.  He's just way more advanced as a pitcher than what most of these batters are used to.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phillyOs119 said:

7/5 start: Curveball not as sharp tonight, wasn't throwing it for strikes.  Gave up some solid contact, but enough pitch-ability to get out of trouble, also used his fastball at the top of the zone well to get Ks.  Again, I'll say that he's a guy that should get a taste of Delmarva before the end of the season.  Even without his best stuff he strikes out 5 and walks none in 3 innings with just 42 pitches.  He's just way more advanced as a pitcher than what most of these batters are used to.

Think he will be in Delmarva next season or go to Frederick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Think he will be in Delmarva next season or go to Frederick?

I think he should be in Frederick, unless the O's are planning on changing his mechanics or something to try and get more velocity.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, phillyOs119 said:

7/5 start: Curveball not as sharp tonight, wasn't throwing it for strikes.  Gave up some solid contact, but enough pitch-ability to get out of trouble, also used his fastball at the top of the zone well to get Ks.  Again, I'll say that he's a guy that should get a taste of Delmarva before the end of the season.  Even without his best stuff he strikes out 5 and walks none in 3 innings with just 42 pitches.  He's just way more advanced as a pitcher than what most of these batters are used to.

Love the Lowth! 🙌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

I think he should be in Frederick, unless the O's are planning on changing his mechanics or something to try and get more velocity.  

Don't put it past the Orioles...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Don't put it past the Orioles...

I think it might be possible to get more velo out of him, but I'd worry about messing with the deception he creates.  A better strategy IMHO is to have him really get on a strength and condition program in the offseason.  he's 6' 2" 235lb, I'd like to see him get stronger and lean out a little.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

I think it might be possible to get more velo out of him, but I'd worry about messing with the deception he creates.  A better strategy IMHO is to have him really get on a strength and condition program in the offseason.  he's 6' 2" 235lb, I'd like to see him get stronger and lean out a little.

Haven't seen him yet, so I'll take your word on that.

I'm just worried about mechanics as we see how Akin had to miss a start to work on his before becoming...Well, awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...