weams

Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

5 minutes ago, brvn52 said:

Sounds like they're not willing to deal Buehler/Verdugo. And they've been stubborn with top prospects over the years.

I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see them ponying up the top prospects we're looking for. 

Then I'll laugh if their bullpen sinks their season in the playoffs.  

1 minute ago, pastorfan said:

Houston will get Brach

If they can flip both Britton and Brach for 4 starting pitchers that are reasonably close to the major league (high A or above) it will be a good day.

These teams in on Britton are going to have to make a tough decision soon. If Kintzler and other lessers are gone and it's close to deadline you pay the Britton price or risk getting no one

1 minute ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

If we were in LA or Hou shoes, how would you feel about giving up a top prospect for a shot at it all?

If I'm LA, I wouldn't give up Bueller but would have no problem dealing Verdugo given the amount of outfield depth they have. Houston is in a bit of a tough spot because of all the recent injuries but I think they are a good bullpen away from a world series win IMO

1 minute ago, Lucky_13 said:

If I'm LA, I wouldn't give up Bueller but would have no problem dealing Verdugo given the amount of outfield depth they have. Houston is in a bit of a tough spot because of all the recent injuries but I think they are a good bullpen away from a world series win IMO

I was in LA last week and listening to the Dodgers' affiliate and this is exactly what they were saying:  Buehler is untouchable but Verdugo is available for a top line starter or reliever.

Just now, LAOSfan said:

I was in LA last week and listening to the Dodgers' affiliate and this is exactly what they were saying:  Buehler is untouchable but Verdugo is available for a top line starter or reliever.

Which honestly I completely agree with. Buehler looks like the real deal. On the other hand, I don't really see where Verdugo plays once Adrian Gonzalez comes back and Bellinger moves back to the outfield

Hopefully the dodgers front office is thinking the same way

7 minutes ago, accinfo said:

If they can flip both Britton and Brach for 4 starting pitchers that are reasonably close to the major league (high A or above) it will be a good day.

That won't happen.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Mountain Bird said:

I think the Dodgers want Britton and Yu Darvish and are trying to figure out how to get both without having to give up Buehler.

Honestly I'd take Verdugo, Stewart, Oaks, and a low level guy and call it a deal

3 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Which honestly I completely agree with. Buehler looks like the real deal. On the other hand, I don't really see where Verdugo plays once Adrian Gonzalez comes back and Bellinger moves back to the outfield

Hopefully the dodgers front office is thinking the same way

I am not sure where he plays for us either.  Corner outfield is the position of depth for us IMO.

10 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Then I'll laugh if their bullpen sinks their season in the playoffs.  

The Nats, Dodgers, and Astros all know what awaits them in the playoffs.  

Just now, bpilktree said:

I am not sure where he plays for us either.  Corner outfield is the position of depth for us IMO.

He's mlb ready now. He'd play RF for us this season and maybe CF after Jones leaves. You can always free up spots for Hays/Mullins by trading Trumbo

20 minutes ago, brvn52 said:

Sounds like they're not willing to deal Buehler/Verdugo. And they've been stubborn with top prospects over the years.

I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see them ponying up the top prospects we're looking for. 

• Upvote 2