brianod

Now That The Trade Deadline has Passed - Let's Go Out and Win this Thing

1 minute ago, brianod said:

I understand the long term thinking that went into trading our short term star players. But, we are only 7 1/2 games out of first with two months to go.  We have won recently with this team and there is no reason why we can't get hot and have a shot. I'm glad we didn't trade anyone important. Beating one of the hottest teams in baseball with their ace on the mound vs Ubaldo sets us up nice for the rest of this series.

Win the next two worst we can be is 2.5 out of wild card.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, brianod said:

I understand the long term thinking that went into trading our short term star players. But, we are only 7 1/2 games out of first with two months to go.  We have won recently with this team and there is no reason why we can't get hot and have a shot. I'm glad we didn't trade anyone important. Beating one of the hottest teams in baseball with their ace on the mound vs Ubaldo sets us up nice for the rest of this series.

I've always loved this core of players. Nervous about the future of the franchise, yet excited I get to watch these guys a little while longer. It's totally possible that they've got some more good baseball left in them. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

If by some miracle we make the playoffs and do well, what would you say about Dan?

If they fall apart and finish last, what would you say about Dan? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, tntoriole said:

If they fall apart and finish last, what would you say about Dan? 

If you finish 1 game out or we loose the rest the games it really doesn't make a difference if the deals were not there.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, brianod said:

And lo, it happened.

It's all we can do now, root and hope for a killer August / September!