weams

vs. Mariners, 8/30 Day Game

1 minute ago, fansince71 said:

I don't think they would've got two out of it.

o

I do (as did Palmer) with Cruz running.

o

2 minutes ago, Rojo13 said:

Beckham? I was watching him but wonder where school was? I was watching Beckham the whole time and never thought he was going to get it. I'm in right field and thought "he's not running for that ball. It must be Jones ball." I can't believe an infielder was supposed to get it . I'd say Jones 

No way Beckham gets that ball...its Adam's all the way.The PLAY HAS TO BE MADE.

2 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

Game is not over, but was it necessary to start Jimenez when you are trying to get to the playoffs? How many chances do you give a player? Same thing applies to Tillman. I can't believe they cannot find two pitchers in AAA who could not be more effective than those two.

I really hope they are exploring getting M Gon. Ubaldo is a great guy and all but he is like a festering sore that you keep ignoring until it gets infected and kills you. He, and to a lesser extent Tillman, are going to sink this season. 

6 minutes ago, TheDirtyBird said:

Another game where the offense has to bail the starter out. Please shelve Ubaldo and Tillman

I disagree. We need a six man rotation as hellickson and bundy are way better on extra rest. Tillman is getting closer and ubaldo was just unlucky today. Pitched fine. 

that being said  I wouldn't be surprised is that's ubaldo last game for us. 

Can someone rewind it and it and tell me what Jones was doing on the pop up? 

5 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Nelson Cruz hit a double play ball with one out and the bases loaded ...... but the ball hit the 2nd base bag and bounced away from the middle infielders, and instead of getting out of the inning with a 2-0 lead intact, the Mariners got a 2-run single on that play, and eventually added 4 more.

From one extreme to the other.

o

If it was not this inning, it would be the next. Who put the runners on, and who let ball after ball in play? He may be a good guy, but he is a terrible pitcher.

7 minutes ago, Herman said:

I'm convinced that Ubaldo has pictures of Buck or Duquette. That's the only explanation.

o

I'm convinced that you only came strolling along because of that disastrous half inning.

You last posted in the game thread on August 22nd, and you were too busy to have anything to say during the Orioles' 6-game winning streak.

o

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

If it was not this inning, it would be the next. Who put the runners on, and who let ball after ball in play? He may be a good guy, but he is a terrible pitcher.

o

It may have been, or it may not have been

I didn't state that Ubaldo was cruising, I specifically stated that that was an extremely bad break when the ball hit the bag, which it was.

o

If we want to bench ubaldo or Tillman we should start Castro. Hope he goes four. With extra arms it will be easy to do. If he sucks in a start then we mop up with ubaldo or Tillman (whoever has been dumped) . If he does well we use the good guys in the bullpen. 

If the orioles had balls or would listen to advanced analytics peeps that's what they would do. Why use a weapon like Castro when you are behind? 

16 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Jeez, I go away for 5 minutes and Ubaldo's given up 4 runs and is out of the game.    

The same thing happened to me, but it was 10 minutes and 6 runs. He can sure turn a game around in a hurry. 

1 minute ago, bluedog said:

Castro looks like a solid pitcher. Where did we get him again?

Wouldn't it have been easier just to start Castro?