Luke-OH

5 Orioles prospects poised for a breakout in 2018.

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

There was a LOT going on with Mercedes, especially at the end of the season.

I wish they had kept Perez, though it seems like he wouldn't of really had a spot here.

No offense to Corban Joseph (he’s a rock solid player), but when you have a 29 year old playing 2B in AA, it’s tough for me to believe there wasn’t a spot for the guy.

15 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

No offense to Corban Joseph (he’s a rock solid player), but when you have a 29 year old playing 2B in AA, it’s tough for me to believe there wasn’t a spot for the guy.

He ended up there kind of by accident. Marin and Salcedo were going to be given a majority of the time.

2 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

He ended up there kind of by accident. Marin and Salcedo were going to be given a majority of the time.

Salcedo is a no bat guy and Marin is Perez with more swing and miss. 

I overrated Perez a bit last year because I got too fixated on his Mullins-esque little guy raw power (which he will never get to in game because of his swing path), but the dude has a real hit tool.

1 minute ago, Luke-OH said:

Salcedo is a no bat guy and Marin is Perez with more swing and miss. 

I overrated Perez a bit last year because I got too fixated on his Mullins-esque little guy raw power (which he will never get to in game because of his swing path), but the dude has a real hit tool.

Everyone has favorites and Perez was yours. Dude knew how to draw a walk though.

Salcedo got a look because of his glove (and because Wilkerson wasn't around in the spring) but they seem to like him. Marin was awful in the AFL but has been good enough as a utility guy.

5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Brallan Perez really fell apart in the second half.    He ended up at .265/.347/.319.     

Yeah, I guess I was 2/5 on the predictions. 

Sparks got hurt.

Perez was strong early and fell off while still in A+.

Brown struggled early and then didn't play much down the stretch repeating the GCL.

Hanifee and Vespi both had very strong seasons, although Vespi got moved to the pen (which I think was premature).

I'm starting to think about who I think next year's breakouts will be. I'm going to try and stay away from top 15 org prospects again.