Roll Tide

Orioles Interested in Lance Lynn

Let's get it over with. New thead. The Orioles are interested in everyone.  Been there.  Done that.  I've heard this tune before.  It means absolutely zilch. 

2 minutes ago, Black Bat said:

Let's go get Lynn and Cobb and call it a day.  Oh, and sign Tillman too on a cheap one-year deal.  Keep our picks and go after pitching prospects with the top 3 and move on.

Lynn and Cobb will cost picks.

1 minute ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Still do it

I didn’t say don’t, just respond to blackbat about signing them and keeping the picks. I think it’d cost the second round pick to sign one and the 3rd round pick to sign a second qo player. Someone correct me if I’m mistaken.

14 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

I didn’t say don’t, just respond to blackbat about signing them and keeping the picks. I think it’d cost the second round pick to sign one and the 3rd round pick to sign a second qo player. Someone correct me if I’m mistaken.

Does Chatwood? If not I'd get one of Cobb/Lynn, Chatwood, and Barlow ....Barlow is likely a rule 5 but I'd try to trade for him from the Dodgers and put him on the 40. He can probably be had cheap since they are likely losing him anyway. Then get Tillman on the one year cheapy contract. Or Perhaps Vargas if he doesn't require a pick in place of Chatwood.

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/projecting-the-minor-league-free-agent-pitchers-2/

20 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Does Chatwood? If not I'd get one of Cobb/Lynn, Chatwood, and Barlow ....Barlow is likely a rule 5 but I'd try to trade for him from the Dodgers and put him on the 40. He can probably be had cheap since they are likely losing him anyway. Then get Tillman on the one year cheapy contract. Or Perhaps Vargas if he doesn't require a pick in place of Chatwood.

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/projecting-the-minor-league-free-agent-pitchers-2/

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/11/all-9-recipients-will-reject-qualifying-offer.html

The list of QO free agents is here.

They get the 11 and 33 pick no matter who they sign.    But that 2nd round pick is pretty choice, too.    I’d give it up for Cobb or Lynn, though.   

15 minutes ago, Frobby said:

They get the 11 and 33 pick no matter who they sign.    But that 2nd round pick is pretty choice, too.    I’d give it up for Cobb or Lynn, though.   

I’ll take both. ;)

32 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I asked this in another thread.  Does our 33rd pick move back as the QO guys sign? For example, if Lynn doesn't sign the St Louis, whre do the Cardinals get their compensation? Is it before or after the competitive balance picks?

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

Let's get it over with. New thead. The Orioles are interested in everyone.  Been there.  Done that.  I've heard this tune before.  It means absolutely zilch. 

True story.  Hate it every year.