Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mdbdotcom

Could John Hart be our GM in waiting?

Recommended Posts

Like Duquette was in 2011, John Hart is in need of a little redemption after the Braves debacle. And with DD in the last year of his contract, I could see Hart brought is as a Special Assistant to the Owner this season and then named GM next season.

Your thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Jim Duquette thinks he’s radioactive and won’t get another FO job.   Ever.

That improves the chances that the Orioles would be able to hire him.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Jim Duquette thinks he’s radioactive and won’t get another FO job.   Ever.

The GM got banned for life.   The scouting director got a year's suspension.   What punishment did Hart get?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

The GM got banned for life.   The scouting director got a year's suspension.   What punishment did Hart get?

None that I’ve heard, but he resigned under pressure from MLB, per Duquette.   Not clear if he was in the loop or is just being held responsible for not monitoring the GM closely enough.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

None that I’ve heard, but he resigned under pressure from MLB, per Duquette.   Not clear if he was in the loop or is just being held responsible for not monitoring the GM closely enough.  

I guess he had plausible deniability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dounbt Angelos cares what MLB thinks, if he likes Hart (I dont know) he would probably look to hire him if Duquette doesn't stay. Not impossible Duquette is re-signed to an extension. I dont think he's a hot commodity anymore.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MDtransplant757 said:

How was he apart of the Braves scandal?

Did you mean to ask, "How was he a part of the  Braves scandal?" or, "how was he, apart from the Braves scandal?"

Just to be sure, I'll answer both.

He was a part of the Braves scandal because the now-banned GM reported too him.

Apart from the Braves scandal, it looks like he did a very good job.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MDtransplant757 said:

How was he apart of the Braves scandal?

Apart is a good word choice there.  Hart was convincing playing the part of being totally shocked by the actions of the GM he hired after... the entire professional baseball world knew what Coppy was doing.  MLB bought it and cleared him long before they came out with the punishments.  This was reported before the World Series.  People actually praised him for not micro-managing.  Uggg.  Plech.  So, at this point, I'd call him an over-the-hill empty teflon-coated suit who neglected doing the bare minimum of his job.  No way in hell I'd want him in the O's organization.    

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

Apart is a good word choice there.  Hart was convincing playing the part of being totally shocked by the actions of the GM he hired after... the entire professional baseball world knew what Coppy was doing.  MLB bought it and cleared him long before they came out with the punishments.  This was reported before the World Series.  People actually praised him for not micro-managing.  Uggg.  Plech.  So, at this point, I'd call him an over-the-hill empty teflon-coated suit who neglected doing the bare minimum of his job.  No way in hell I'd want him in the O's organization.    

I am sure there is an agreement for him not to return to the game, even if someone were stupid enough to employ him after this horrific scandal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, weams said:

I am sure there is an agreement for him not to return to the game, even if someone were stupid enough to employ him after this horrific scandal. 

The Orioles are the safest place for him to be. He has no fear of ever being charged with doing something illegal with international signings here!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mdbdotcom said:

Like Duquette was in 2011, John Hart is in need of a little redemption after the Braves debacle. And with DD in the last year of his contract, I could see Hart brought is as a Special Assistant to the Owner this season and then named GM next season.

Your thoughts?

I wouldn't mind that at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...