Jump to content
weams

Winter Meetings 2017

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

That's fair, O'Day and Trumbo for Harvey would be an absolute coup IMO.

We could even throw in $3mm a year for each of the next two years to make the financials more palatable to the Mets, who need relievers and a 1B but are cheap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we trade Britton, I think O’day would be the best option at closer. Brach needs to pitch regularly to keep the feel off all three pitches. Closing seems like it throws him out of whack. Oday is already getting paid “closer” money. There is no need to artificially inflate Brach and Givens arb figures because they picked up “saves”.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

If we trade Britton, I think O’day would be the best option at closer. Brach needs to pitch regularly to keep the feel off all three pitches. Closing seems like it throws him out of whack. Oday is already getting paid “closer” money. There is no need to artificially inflate Brach and Givens arb figures because they picked up “saves”.  

Based off what I've seen ...Givens should be the next closer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Based off what I've seen ...Givens should be the next closer

I agree. But he is about to arbitration. If we give him saves he will become crazy expensive. Plus there is the idea that he’d be more valuable in innings 6-8 rather than pitching exclusively in the 9th inning. 

Id have Brach and Givens as set up men and let O’day gobble up saves. Keep those two pitching regularly. We see how Brach struggled when he wasn’t pitching regularly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I anticipate a trade of one of our young position players for a middling starter and a Rule 5 acquisition.   If we do anything more than that, I'll be shocked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mdbdotcom said:

Vargas, Dickey, Rule 5's, done.

FTFY - gotta draft the injured Rule 5 pitcher also (Burdi - #2 on phillies' list) and sit him for 60 days until Santander's 45 are up.   Sounds like a plan!  :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2017 at 6:11 AM, weams said:

I think he is a middle of the rotation starter. 

Wow, for a pitcher than got busted up from AA on, your reaching for the stars. I suspect he is not on the roster at seasons end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Camden Chat says, "gather up your pitchforks"!  I believe webrick is leading the charge!  

"The bigger problem is that the Orioles’ true free agent targets this offseason were in the third (and solid) tier: Tyler Chatwood, Miles Mikolas, Mike Fiers and Andrew Cashner.

The only one that is still a free agent is Cashner. The other three quickly were scooped up.

Chatwood, who survived Coors Field to put up respectable overall numbers, signed a three-year, $38 million deal with the Chicago Cubs – that’s more than the Orioles expected to pay.

Mikolas, who returned to the majors after three years in Japan, signed a two-year, $15.5 million contract with the St. Louis Cardinals – that’s more than the Orioles expected to pay."

https://www.camdenchat.com/2017/12/11/16761684/orioles-news-rumors-starting-rotation-scaredy-cats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I agree. But he is about to arbitration. If we give him saves he will become crazy expensive. Plus there is the idea that he’d be more valuable in innings 6-8 rather than pitching exclusively in the 9th inning. 

Id have Brach and Givens as set up men and let O’day gobble up saves. Keep those two pitching regularly. We see how Brach struggled when he wasn’t pitching regularly. 

Let d offer him a 4 year deal at 3 per with a couple option years in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I agree. But he is about to arbitration. If we give him saves he will become crazy expensive. Plus there is the idea that he’d be more valuable in innings 6-8 rather than pitching exclusively in the 9th inning. 

Id have Brach and Givens as set up men and let O’day gobble up saves. Keep those two pitching regularly. We see how Brach struggled when he wasn’t pitching regularly. 

I second that. Givens has the stuff and the demeanor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would like to see Davis and either Brach or Britton moved to Colorado for major league ready prospects. I think Davis would mash in Coors and they need a closer. O's get payroll help and some prospects. Mancini to first and Hays fills Left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kg orioles said:

Would like to see Davis and either Brach or Britton moved to Colorado for major league ready prospects. I think Davis would mash in Coors and they need a closer. O's get payroll help and some prospects. Mancini to first and Hays fills Left.

Who plays RF then? Trumbo I could see being moved to colorado due to less salary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...