Maybe I'm in the minority on this, but this event is mostly for and about the kids, IMO.  To me it is just sad if players like Machado and Schoop don't consider the importance of that.  Hey, if both or either have a true unforeseen personal emergency or crises that caused them to regrettably be unable to attend, that's understandable.  If not, shame on them.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

They should both have to play opening day with no pants.

I doubt the Yankees will make them do that.  

1 minute ago, weams said:

Sp and Punctuation...

And only 10 followers.

Nonetheless the rumor surfaced on a Yankee message board (with the same doubts).

3 minutes ago, health55 said:

And only 10 followers.

Nonetheless the rumor surfaced on a Yankee message board (with the same doubts).

Yep. Thanks.

At this point, I don't care if Manny or Schoop are on the Orioles next year. Usually by now I'm counting down the days until the grapefruit league. This year? I just don't care. If the plan was to suck the life out of fans of the Orioles...the off-season has been a major success.

And I don't want to hear about how the off-sesonhas been slow all over. We know the Orioles are out on anyone that matters. I knew this day would come. A few good years was nice, but it just temporarily hid how dysfunctional this team still is and who still owns it.

54 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

They should both have to play opening day with no pants.

We used to enforce a rule that said if your drive didn't reach the ladies tee, you had to play your next shot with your pants and underwear at your ankles. Didn't make the ranger at Diamond Ridge very happy. 

3 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

You all are reading too much into this. Manny is a diva and immature. Always has been. This is his silly little protest for the Orioles shopping him in the offseason...even though it hurts the fans much more than it hurts the team. Schoop is just along for the ride because it's his buddy. 

There's zero chance the team is holding him out of FanFest because they're close to trading him. Zero chance. 

This does sound like something that would pi$$ Angelos off and make him order the trade of Manny.  Since Angelos cares about making fans happy and putting on a good face of the franchise (sometimes at the sake of winning), I could see this triggering a trade. 

Right about the time the announcement was made, Adam Jones said on Twitter, " Yeaaaaaa some 🤬🤬🤬🤬people right now."

Followed by "Just decided to back out of fanfest tomorrow. Sorry. Something came up !!!!!!"

Then "My last tweet was pure Fake News see y’all tails tomorrow."  

Sure sounds like a team leader who's unhappy with fellow teammates.

5 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Adam Jones just tweeted this:

Just decided to back out of fanfest tomorrow. Sorry. Something came up !!!!!!

My last tweet was pure Fake News see y’all tails tomorrow

Resign this man!