Roll Tide

Os requesting offers on Machado

13 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

I never said I wouldn't be, I'm not criticizing proposed trades unless I say I'm criticizing proposed trades, again I'm just trying to appraise players people ask about.

Happy with the discussion ...look I'd be happy with Cease and Hansen ...but the Os want more of a ready now guy and I'm not sold on alternatives

6 minutes ago, Sir_Loin said:

No idea on specific offers. Haven’t been told yet. Just that offers got significantly better last night and talks really progressed. Haven’t seen anyone say anything on social media yet or any reports out there, but it will be coming. 

Honestly, hopefully nothing will be in the media until a deal is done.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, iamshack said:

I agree. He still has good tilt and horizontal movement his fastball due to his height, a plus to plus-plus curve ball, and he seemed to making progress with a change up and slider. Right now he’s looking more like a 3 than the 1-2 he was once thought to be, but it isn’t out of the realm of possibilities that he could regain some of that previous upside.

Agreed, except I think the curveball has taken a step back in sharpness and bite, it's still above average in my opinion, perhaps plus, but not special like it was.  The changeup has really came along and is a good pitch now.

If we accept a pitcher in the deal who is a "work in progress," we might as well flip him somewhere else right away. Pitching works in progress do not progress in the O's system. They become relievers or another team's great find.

If Giolito , I worry that it’s because Don Cooper didn’t think he could fix him.  Cooper is one of the best in the business.  

Not saying that I wouldn’t take Giolito though. 

2 hours ago, hoosiers said:

To play devil's advocate, I would have two issues with this deal.  From the Sox perspective, dealing Anderson and then having MM walk after a year leaves a pretty big hole at SS.  Second, while Fullmer is ML ready and has a good profile with plus pitches except for the BBs, by my count, among the ChiSox young pitchers/pitching prospects, the Os end up with the seventh best guy (Fullmer) who would presumably be behind Lopez, Giolito, Kopech, Cease, Hansen and Dunning.   I don't think it is a bad offer and, frankly, not such a difference in talent than what I posted.  Maybe combine our two offers and it is Lopez and Fulmer as the top two guys - both on the major league roster and two SPs as requested by the Os.

Manny isn't finishing the year with the WS unless they sign him to an extension.  They can try to flip him at the deadline for a young SS. Absent of that,  Yolmer Sanchez played 2B/3B last year and was good defensively in both spots.  He would probably play 3B this year but might be capable of playing SS.   Two possibilities but there are more.

Just saying Fulmer may have been offered.  I'm sure the O's would like someone better.  

BTW, Yolmer Sanchez has only played 9 games at SS in the majors but has played over 200 at SS in the minors.    Now, if the Whites Sox get Manny, they have a 3.5 WAR 25 year old player in Sanchez, Anderons coming off a bad year (.9 WAR) and Moncada.      Manny wants to play SS.   Pretty sure he wants to play it if he's on the WS as well.    So, who are the WS going to move to make room for Manny.   We know Moncada isn't going anywhere.    Do they keep all 4 and use Sanchez has a utility guy?    Seems like a waste of a guy who just put up a 3.5 WAR season.    Do that do that to Anderson?    Doesn't seem like the best way to develop a young player.    Do they play Manny at 3B?   Doubt they want to make Manny unhappy if they really want to sign him.    And if they don't it still behooves them to play him at SS to widen his range of interested teams at the deadline.    So, I'm guessing Manny is going to play SS for the WS.    I'm also guessing that either Anderson or Sanchez is coming back in the deal to the Orioles.    I guessed Anderson because even though Sanchez has shown he can play 3B and might be the better fit, Anderson has a lot of upside and is signed for about 6-7 years.

Edited by RZNJ
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Just a quick question. I was just wondering,how many times have you seen these prospects play? 

I'm sure the answer ranges from slim to none depending on who you ask here.  But it's pretty easy these days to find writeup , prospect rankings, and well stats. 

I look at MLB.com and a couple other sites. I also look at their stats on baseball reference. In the Cards system they have a couple of pitchers that have sinkers, good scounting reports and have been successful through the minors or just recently.

31 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I'm sure the answer ranges from slim to none depending on who you ask here.  But it's pretty easy these days to find writeup , prospect rankings, and well stats. 

I look at MLB.com and a couple other sites. I also look at their stats on baseball reference. In the Cards system they have a couple of pitchers that have sinkers, good scounting reports and have been successful through the minors or just recently.

That is fine. I know most people get it from sites on the internet. I hope the Orioles due their due diligence and might have inside information on also the make up and the maturity of the player.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

All depends on the owner.

Roch in one of his articles said that if the Orioles keep Manny they would move him to SS.They would look for a third baseman. That would be ridiculous on a guy probably gone.

Edited by Going Underground

Just now, Going Underground said:

Eoch in one of his articles said that if the Orioles keep Manny they would move him to SS.They would look for a third baseman. That would be ridiculous on a guy probably gone.

But it increases the chances of resigning Manny from .02% to .13%.