Roll Tide

Os requesting offers on Machado

2 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

This. And I think the way Buck and Dan have been talking, they've been preparing the fan base for a trade. 

Totally agree. No saying,we can't trade Manny,he is our best player and we want to win the World Series next year for the fans.

1 minute ago, canonfaz said:

Sure is a lot of smoke. Manny is as good as gone. It's the right move. They better get the right return though.

I predict whatever the Orioles get for him ,people will think it was not enough.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

MLBTradeRumors.com is reporting that the Cards are front runners in trade talks with the Marlins for Ozuna.  Would that have a negative impact on their ability to trade for Machado?

Just now, Going Underground said:

I predict whatever the Orioles get for him ,people will think it was not enough.

I predict you are correct.

3 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

This. And I think the way Buck and Dan have been talking, they've been preparing the fan base for a trade. 

Roch's been doing it for a month.

The Stanton trade coupled with them getting beaten on the FA starting pitching market were the final blows.

2 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

Walker was a catcher initially but moved to 3B to protect his bat.  He would ha e come up as a 3B too if the Pirates hadn't drafted one Pedro Alvarez as high as they did.  Walker moved to second and worked extensively with Bill Mazeroski to learn the position.  He was decent while in Pitt.

The big knock on Walker is a total inability to stay healthy.  He was a 2 sport athlete in HS, also playing RB and being recruited for it.  I think that and catching has set him up for some long term problems with his legs.

He is asking for 4 years.  I would give him 2 max and wouldn't go over $10 AAV.

Being the guy who couldn't play third base because it was being held down by Pedro (whom I highly of, BTW, just not as a third baseman) is kind of the opposite of being the guy who replaced Brooks Robinson at third.

Just now, NCRaven said:

MLBTradeRumors.com is reporting that the Cards are front runners in trade talks with the Marlins for Ozuna.  Would that have a negative impact on their ability to trade for Machado?

I don't think so. The Marlins want controllable outfielders amd the O's want pitchers.

Just now, NCRaven said:

May be a bluff to downgrade the Machado offer.  Ozuna did have a great year though.

Just now, scbalt52 said:

What is an example package thats realistic that we could get from the Cardinals? Just asking for fun/curiosity, I have no clue.

I am no expert by any means, but to me something like Pham, Flaherty, and Sandy Alcantara or Tyler ONeil.

Just now, Going Underground said:

I would agree.   I only wish I was reading this thread LAST offseason.

So if we get two pitchers and either trade for Corbin or Harvey, what happens next? Brach and Britton are also gone? Try to trade Trumbo for a relief pitcher? Try to sign Schoop to a multi year deal and make him the face of the franchise? Would he sign?

11 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

I am no expert by any means, but to me something like Pham, Flaherty, and Sandy Alcantara or Tyler ONeil.

Pham isn't a prospect...he's 29 years old. I don't think he makes sense for the Orioles if they're doing a pseudo rebuild. 

Here's a link to the Cardinals top prospects for context - http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2017?list=stl

Also, I just read that the Cardinals are the favorites to land Ozuna. I imagine they'll no longer be interested in Machado if they make that trade. 

16 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

I think it would. I don't see them trading for both players unless they get Ozuna REALLY cheap.