Roll Tide

Os requesting offers on Machado

The #Marlins will receive starter Sandy Alcantara, OF prospect Magneuris Sierra, RHP Zac Gallen and LHP Daniel Castano from #STLCards in Marcell Ozuna trade, reports @clarkspencer

Gallen is the only pitcher that I looked at in my trade. They got #6, 9, and 13 in the trade for Ozuna. In a salary dump type move.

37 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Who offers the best return of investment? Mariners and Twins have International money, which DD might like for other trades. Cards might have given up some pieces the O's wanted when they traded for Ozuna. 

Hoosiers mentioned the Pirates. Not that I think they would offer him, but if the Orioles can get Keller from them, that is a VERY high upside pitcher.

Are the Pirates that close to contending again?

• Upvote 1

Yes, this seems to be "dragging out".   But the fact is, there has been a grand total of one major trade at these winter meetings, and not a single free agent signing that doesn't involve a relief pitcher or pitcher on the shelf from TJ surgery.

So it's not like the Orioles and a possible Manny deal are the only things moving at a glacial pace at these meetings.   It's been incredibly slow for all 30 teams at the winter meetings except for the ones signing relievers.

12 minutes ago, phillyOs119 said:

While it would be making assumptions, this is a team that just this year was late turning paperwork to sign a draftee, so I think it’s a fair assumption whether or not it’s true in this case.

I have a feeling that is why Lou Angelos is on site to help move things along. Hopefully he has Petes approval to give the go ahead on DDs move. As I said I think it happens tonight or tomorrow latest.

4 minutes ago, weams said:

Are the Pirates that close to contending again?

Doubt it there are rumors about Cole and OL bet the are shopping Andrew McKutchen again ...he a free agent in a year.

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I have a feeling that is why Lou Angelos is on site to help move things along. Hopefully he has Petes approval to give the go ahead on DDs move. As I said I think it happens tonight or tomorrow latest.

That is actually the one thing that makes me feel better.  Since I don't believe it's the norm for him to be there, maybe he came to expedite a major move.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, turtlebowl said:

That is actually the one thing that makes me feel better.  Since I don't believe it's the norm for him to be there, maybe he came to expedite a major move.  

I want them to be thorough but also for a decision to be made. Using the Yankees and Sox to up the ante I still think we can get better quality and more pieces. I said 4-5 and I'd expect we'd get that.

Just now, Roll Tide said:

I want them to be thorough but also for a decision to be made. Using the Yankees and Sox to up the ante I still think we can get better quality and more pieces. I said 4-5 and I'd expect we'd get that.

I like the way you think!! Get er done

Orioles evaluate Machado's trade market but say it's not yet time to 'fish or cut bait'

Trade discussions regarding Machado went deeper Wednesday, but at this point, it appears that the Orioles will leave the meetings after Thursday’s Rule 5 draft with Machado still on the roster. Club officials remain ready to listen to offers, but not necessarily in any hurry to move their best player as he enters his final season before free agency.

You may need one of those jumbo sized popcorn buckets they have at the theaters, with free refills.

The Orioles will seemingly head back to Baltimore looking to build on conversations they’ve had with clubs regarding Machado with an emphasis on deciding his eventual fate by the end of the month.

Encina

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, O's are Legends said:

Orioles evaluate Machado's trade market but say it's not yet time to 'fish or cut bait'

You may need one of those jumbo sized popcorn buckets they have at the theaters, with free refills.

Encina

Sounds like Manny doesn't need to wait near his phone anytime soon.