Roll Tide

Os requesting offers on Machado

5 minutes ago, interloper said:

Good luck having anyone agree with you on that. He's the best Orioles talent since Cal Ripken, I don't know how that's a question. He's in the same conversation as Harper and Trout. 

Harper, sure.   No one is in the same conversation as Trout. 

Just now, webbrick2010 said:

No one is in the same conversation as Mike Trout

Folks like Harper and Manny need to keep at it for another half dozen years before I'd start talking generational talent. Just my opinion, folks don't have to get so bent out of shape when someone isn't ready to make a bust in the HOF for Manny just yet.

Not saying he's HOF talent, just that he's one of the best players to be an Oriole in several decades. That's something, I think. 

If people do not think Manny is an amazing talent then why is the 10 year $300M+ contract talks being thrown around everywhere? If Manny was a free agent right this moment and asked for 10/300M there would be 3-6 teams prepared to make him that offer.

3 minutes ago, GoldGlove21 said:

If people do not think Manny is an amazing talent then why is the 10 year $300M+ contract talks being thrown around everywhere? If Manny was a free agent right this moment and asked for 10/300M there would be 3-6 teams prepared to make him that offer.

I disagree. I think when Manny hits free agency we'll be surprised by how low the total dollar amount will be for.

As a 3B with the majors stacked with 3B he is just not that valuable, or put it this way there aren't that many bidders for a 3B  If someone signs him to play SS.... then I think the 10/300 is in play

15 minutes ago, Number5 said:

I hear what you are saying, Tide, but at the same time, you posted some of Incarcerated Bob's drivel the other day, so that doesn't really mesh with your impatience with Loin.  People have known that Incarcerated Bob is B.S. for years.  Loin seems pretty harmless to me.

There is a difference between looking around Twitter for news and pretending you have a source. If some hear can't see the difference that's your perogative. 

Im 46 and don't Twitter or even look at it except this time of year.

Also I haven't found info on Twitter and claimed it to be from my source.

Claiming to have a source in the baseball business when you don't is unethical and in bad character imo and some others here agree

Posting a link in quotes that is a phony account is an honest mistake and I'd never intentionally post news that I know to be phony or by a "source"

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Do generational talents really hit .259? with a career average about .279?

Do generational talents really finish 12th out of 18 qualifiers in OPS at their position?

Shouldn't a generational talent be the All Star game starter just about every season?

Shouldn't a generational talent win an MVP? at least be in the top 10 every year?

Shouldn't a generational talent at least be the MVP of his own team?

Manny is so over hyped by O's fans

Lets remember Manny is only 25

18 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Do generational talents really hit .259? with a career average about .279?

Do generational talents really finish 12th out of 18 qualifiers in OPS at their position?

Shouldn't a generational talent be the All Star game starter just about every season?

Shouldn't a generational talent win an MVP? at least be in the top 10 every year?

Shouldn't a generational talent at least be the MVP of his own team?

Manny is so over hyped by O's fans

To be fair, Manny was one of the unluckiest players in the league last year according to advanced metrics.  Basically hit the ball on the nose fairly consistently but right at people.  And executives are aware of this which is why there is no feeling at that this is a sell low.  

12 minutes ago, GoldGlove21 said:

I agree ,,, but the Orioles obviously won't ge one of them and there in lies the problem.

15 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I agree ,,, but the Orioles obviously won't ge one of them and there in lies the problem.

I suspect that new ownership is the only way to a 200 million dollar Oriole.

Keep seeing people are worried that the ChiSox will flip Manny.  

https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/941354340463214597

The #WhiteSox insist they have no intention to flip Manny Machado if they land him, but also believe other teams have made better offers to #Orioles

3 minutes ago, dabirds said:

Keep seeing people are worried that the ChiSox will flip Manny.  

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/WhiteSox?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#WhiteSox</a> insist they have no intention to flip Manny Machado if they land him, but also believe other teams have made better offers to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Orioles</a></p>&mdash; Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) <a href="https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/941354340463214597?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 14, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If the White Sox make us the best offer we get, I really don't care if they flip him later.  If they get more for him than they gave us, more power to them.  What matters to me is that the Orioles take the best offer that is offered to us.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Number5 said:

I hear what you are saying, Tide, but at the same time, you posted some of Incarcerated Bob's drivel the other day, so that doesn't really mesh with your impatience with Loin.  People have known that Incarcerated Bob is B.S. for years.  Loin seems pretty harmless to me.

Well said. Instead we end up with ump-teen additional post back and forth on the issue. I've always found calling out of these types of posters to be more distracting than the faux insider posting itself. I take Andrew, Matty Ice, or Sir_Loin or whoever he is that day for what it is and move on...I realize some folks do get ultra caught up in the insider stuff.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, mcgraw238 said:

Well said. Instead we end up with ump-teen additional post back and forth on the issue. I've always found calling out of these types of posters to be more distracting than the faux insider posting itself. I take Andrew, Matty Ice, or Sir_Loin or whoever he is that day for what it is and move on...I realize some folks do get ultra caught up in the insider stuff.

I never want to see any Incarcerated Bob stuff taken as real here. He is a phony. And has been. And making up fake stuff is against the board rules. Posting other folks stuff as your own is not always.