Jump to content
section18

Anyone On Here With Close Connections To Ownership?

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, section18 said:

If anyone on here has close ties with anyone in the FO or with ownership please reply.  I know someone and will try to call them today. Anything positive would be great right now. Signing Lance Lynn and Mike Moustakas would change a lot of fans outlook.  Is anything close? Ticket renewals and FanFest time is near.  We need to hear something positive! Not out of town rumors.  Straight from the top! If only two respond that's okay.  If I reach my source I will respond later.

If anyone here really did have "close ties" with anyone in the FO or ownership, and actually acknowledged it, I suspect those "close ties" wouldn't be so close anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, esmd said:

If anyone here really did have "close ties" with anyone in the FO or ownership, and actually acknowledged it, I suspect those "close ties" wouldn't be so close anymore.

Don't worry. No one does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The closest I have was the fiance, of one of his lawyers, being the nurse during a colonoscopy. :D  She was fine, but out of my league for numerous reasons....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can think of these possible announcements that would make at least some Orioles fans feel better about where the team is headed:

  • The Orioles have obtained a reliable starter or two by signing a free agent(s) and/or trading Manny.
  • The Orioles have extended Schoop.
  • The Orioles are entertaining offers for all their veterans. They want to get back prospects, especially pitchers, and for the next couple of years they will put an inexperienced team on the field.
  • The team is being or has been sold to investors with lots of money, normal-sized egos and some understanding of the role of owners on successful MLB teams.

The possibility of any of these things happening is so remote as to be almost nil. I love surprises, though. :o

Did I miss some? (I'm ruling out a Manny extension as sheer fantasy.)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was not able to reach my source in the warehouse yesterday. The person I know is a friend and speaks to the very important people inside that building.  I am one of the few on here who has spoken to Peter Angelos before face to face and used his law firm. I've said this before. I'm guessing there are others on here that can say the same thing.  All I'm trying to do is get quotes from someone who might say something as simple as we have two offers out right now to starting pitchers and hope to reach a decision with them by early this week and we have something in the works for adding a left handed hitter. Manny info would be nice. Signing him for this season yesterday allows the team trying to obtain him to have a better idea what their final payroll is going to look like. Every team trying to trade for him does not have the money the NYY and Dodgers have.  I will try again on Monday. Maybe something small or big will happen over the weekend after the signings yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, section18 said:

I was not able to reach my source in the warehouse yesterday. The person I know is a friend and speaks to the very important people inside that building.  I am one of the few on here who has spoken to Peter Angelos before face to face and used his law firm. I've said this before. I'm guessing there are others on here that can say the same thing.  All I'm trying to do is get quotes from someone who might say something as simple as we have two offers out right now to starting pitchers and hope to reach a decision with them by early this week and we have something in the works for adding a left handed hitter. Manny info would be nice. Signing him for this season yesterday allows the team trying to obtain him to have a better idea what their final payroll is going to look like. Every team trying to trade for him does not have the money the NYY and Dodgers have.  I will try again on Monday. Maybe something small or big will happen over the weekend after the signings yesterday.

Just give it a rest already.  You’re about as connected as a house without electricity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, weams said:

 

I hope he’s right about Zach.   I know he’s right about signing some starters.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I've never met the guy, but I used to see PA every morning on North Charles St. during my elementary school commute.  Like clockwork, he would retrieve his newspaper when we were stuck in nearby traffic or a light.  He certainly didn't hide the gun he always had on him.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

So far as I can tell, those who have "close ties" with ownership constitute a pretty small club. John Angelos, Lou Angelos and Brady apparently aren't responding.

It's hard to imagine that anyone in the Orioles organization doesn't understand the terrible position they're in, both on the playing field (so far --  it's still 2 1/2 months until opening day) and as a public relations matter. Coming off a  late-season swoon and a last-place finish. Virtually nothing done to improve (other than by subtraction) a starting rotation that was dead last in the ML in ERA and WHIP, and last in the AL in innings pitched. Attendance 23rd in MLB. Continuing complete inaction, with no apparent plan -- ever -- to realize on Manny's value,, and so far failing to conclude a trade for Manny because their demands exceeded the rvalue of a one-year rental. Taking the same head-in-the-sand approach with Schoop. An unwillingness to rebuild (or even to discuss that possibility), with no announced (or apparently, unannounced) strategy other than to say that last year's last-place team plans to be competitive.

Does anyone in the Warehouse need to be told that, as of the 12th of January, this team is  real bad and that its fans are, let's say, not overly optimistic about what lies ahead?

Well said............

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2018 at 3:43 AM, section18 said:

If anyone on here has close ties with anyone in the FO or with ownership please reply.  I know someone and will try to call them today. Anything positive would be great right now. Signing Lance Lynn and Mike Moustakas would change a lot of fans outlook.  Is anything close? Ticket renewals and FanFest time is near.  We need to hear something positive! Not out of town rumors.  Straight from the top! If only two respond that's okay.  If I reach my source I will respond later.

Jim Palmer or Brady are the only two "outsiders" i would trust that could maybe change Angelos mind. They are on the payroll but can definitely get close to him, somewhat regularly. Maybe his sons, but they seem to be not helping much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

I can think of these possible announcements that would make at least some Orioles fans feel better about where the team is headed:

  • The Orioles have obtained a reliable starter or two by signing a free agent(s) and/or trading Manny.
  • The Orioles have extended Schoop.
  • The Orioles are entertaining offers for all their veterans. They want to get back prospects, especially pitchers, and for the next couple of years they will put an inexperienced team on the field.
  • The team is being or has been sold to investors with lots of money, normal-sized egos and some understanding of the role of owners on successful MLB teams.

Number 1 on the list would make me feel a lot better. Number 2 on the list would be huge and is a must. Number 3 makes total sense IMO and I could deal with that. The problem is, number 4 on the list isn't happening so don't expect 1, 2 or 3 to happen. Sad, but true.

Edited by gtman55

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...