Jump to content
NedFromYork

What was our record in games Hays started?

Recommended Posts

The Orioles were 3-13 in games that Hays started. Most of his starts came in late September when the Orioles' collapse was in full effect and they were limping to the finish line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PaulFolk said:

The Orioles were 3-13 in games that Hays started. Most of his starts came in late September when the Orioles' collapse was in full effect and they were limping to the finish line.

Aha, proof!

Of what, I have no idea.  But it's definitely possible proof of something.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

Aha, proof!

Of what, I have no idea.  But it's definitely possible proof of something.   

It's proof that we were, you know, 3-13 in games that Hays started

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I am excited about Austin Hays going forward. I think he's going to be a fine player.If we get another Mancini in RF I'll be thrilled...

 

A second Mancini would be disappointing.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

I am excited about Austin Hays going forward. I think he's going to be a fine player.If we get another Mancini in RF I'll be thrilled...

 

I'm excited about Hays, too. But, I think we should keep in mind that while he looked good in September 2017 - he did hit .217, had an OBP of .238, struck out 25% of the time, and posted a -.5 WAR. Limited sample size for sure, but just wanna caution people that he might not be ready to take over RF come Opening Day.

So, I really hope the O's sign Jon Jay. Shouldn't be super expensive, hits from the left side, could hit leadoff if needed. And - if the O's are awful, should bring back a nice depth minor leaguer in a trade, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, theocean said:

I'm excited about Hays, too. But, I think we should keep in mind that while he looked good in September 2017 - he did hit .217, had an OBP of .238, struck out 25% of the time, and posted a -.5 WAR. Limited sample size for sure, but just wanna caution people that he might not be ready to take over RF come Opening Day.

So, I really hope the O's sign Jon Jay. Shouldn't be super expensive, hits from the left side, could hit leadoff if needed. And - if the O's are awful, should bring back a nice depth minor leaguer in a trade, too.

Guess who hit .220 with 30 strike outs in 123 at bats in his first 40 games in the majors. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Guess who hit .220 with 30 strike outs in 123 at bats in his first 40 games in the majors. 

My third cousin once removed. At least I'm pretty sure that's the genealogy, I don't have the family tree in front of me. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Guess who hit .220 with 30 strike outs in 123 at bats in his first 40 games in the majors. 

Hmmm, Adrian Beltre? I remember it like yesterday. The year was nineteen-ninety-eight when The Undertaker threw Mankind off Hell in a Cell, and plummeted 16ft through an announcer's table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beef Supreme said:

Ryan Flaherty.

He might have.

In this case it was, of course, Trout.

Not saying Hays is going to be half the player Trout is, just that a small sample size in September doesn't mean much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Guess who hit .220 with 30 strike outs in 123 at bats in his first 40 games in the majors. 

Aaron Judge?  

:ducksandruns:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...