Legend_Of_Joey

Buck lays into Mountcastle during "reassignment to minor camp" and possible new position?

4 hours ago, MDtransplant757 said:

This Sunday? Shoot, I’ll be in Colorado 

4 hours ago, MDtransplant757 said:

This Sunday? Shoot, I’ll be in Colorado 

Sunday the 15th

2 hours ago, Old#5fan said:

I don’t get these cocky minor leaguers who act like they can try to disregard advise or wisdom from major league managers they need to impress. Just seems like a total lack of emotional intelligence if I put it nicely or utter stupidity if I say what I really think! Maybe it’s just a millennial thing where their parents always told them whatever they did was fine, but that doesn’t work well in professional sports where you are competing with other talented individuals who understand the value of listening to what proven experts tell you.  Makes me wonder before they draft these high round picks if they do any analysis of their emotional intelligence, attitude towards coaching and willingness to work hard and accept valuable constructive criticism. If they aren’t doing so, they are making a big mistake imo.

Forgive me mods, but this is BS!

Edited by Luke-OH
I agree with your sentiment, just edited per forum rules.
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

If you are referring to the original subject of the thread, maybe Mountcastle had just seen "Buck's guys" play. How could you take him seriously after spending time in camp with this cast of characters?

Well said!

7 hours ago, BarclaySouthway said:

C'mon.  If you take that away from Old Fan, he's not Old Fan anymore.  

P.S.  I took a 3 year old to the game earlier this year.

If we did not ban him for good then, I guess we have him for the duration.

24 minutes ago, weams said:

If we did not ban him for good then, I guess we have him for the duration.

Not that I’m commenting unfavorably on your comment, but isn’t that sort of off topic on this thread? Just asking a question...but I would be more than happy to engage again in discussion about this subject - taking babies to baseball games. I have a 4 year old grandson now and he is the most precious thing in the world too me!!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Old#5fan said:

Not that I’m commenting unfavorably on your comment, but isn’t that sort of off topic on this thread? Just asking a question...but I would be more than happy to engage again in discussion about this subject - taking babies to baseball games. I have a 4 year old grandson now and he is the most precious thing in the world too me!!

I am really happy that this happened to you and I am glad you are blessed with the opportunity to change in the twilight of your years. 

1 minute ago, Old#5fan said:

I was just kidding.  I actually pretty much agree with you on this topic. I spent half of one game at that damn playground and bounce house with a little one.  Sometimes you really want to go to a game and don't have any other options.  OK sorry to derail the thread.

Thanks Weams, just took him to Ocean City and he rode the small kids rides (teacup and carousel) and picked up ducks and netted fish for prizes and he loved it! Haven’t taken him to an Os game yet as he wouldn’t grasp any of it and would want to leave early. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, BarclaySouthway said:

I was just kidding.  I actually pretty much agree with you on this topic. I spent half of one game at that damn playground and bounce house with a little one.  Sometimes you really want to go to a game and don't have any other options.  OK sorry to derail the thread.

No problem, figured you were more of a friend and posted that in jest. I understand too when your options are limited with small kids as they must come first as a parent or grandparent.

15 minutes ago, Old#5fan said:

Thanks Weams, just took him to Ocean City and he rode the small kids rides (teacup and carousel) and picked up ducks and netted fish for prizes and he loved it! Haven’t taken him to an Os game yet as he wouldn’t grasp any of it and would want to leave early. 

Oh no. They have a much better playground there for him. You would just have to play with him. And stay with him. He'd stay interested in that. Plus, he gets in free! You buy a 12 dollar ticket, he gets in free. Give him the candy you bring in for free. Give him the cup of free ice they give you. Buy him the $1.50 hot dog and the 50 cent chips.  Grandpa is the greatest man on earth. Or that ever existed. That's how the whole thing works.