Jump to content
Frobby

D.L. Hall 2018

Recommended Posts

A pretty decent outing for Mr. Hall last night, 5 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 5 K’s.   Always glad to see a walk-free game from a guy like this.   He did give up three doubles among his four hits allowed.    ERA to 2.21 with 3 starts remaining (probably).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2018 at 10:48 AM, Luke-OH said:

You can definitely bring him up, I didn’t mean to discourage that. I was just noting the differences between him and Hall. I didn’t mean to imply that you thought they were on the same level.

I'm fine with talking about hom in appropriate threads in appropriate forums. I don't in any way think that he is proof that the Orioles are poor evaluators. Even if they are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

A pretty decent outing for Mr. Hall last night, 5 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 5 K’s.   Always glad to see a walk-free game from a guy like this.   He did give up three doubles among his four hits allowed.    ERA to 2.21 with 3 starts remaining (probably).

He has has a nice season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, weams said:

I'm fine with talking about hom in appropriate threads in appropriate forums. I don't in any way think that he is proof that the Orioles are poor evaluators. Even if they are. 

The Orioles were 50-54 in 2017 when they decided to go for it and make a deadline deal where they trade Tobias Myers to the Rays for Tim Beckham.  They are 61-119 since them and in full rebuild status.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, POR said:

The Orioles were 50-54 in 2017 when they decided to go for it and make a deadline deal where they trade Tobias Myers to the Rays for Tim Beckham.  They are 61-119 since them and in full rebuild status.

Yep. They sure did. Lets post Hall only in this thread that we will probably be looking at all off season. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2018 at 10:36 PM, Frobby said:

Hall threw a ton of pitches and was pulled after 4 innings, but only allowed 1 ER.    4 H, 2 R, 2 BB, 5 k’s.    He may only start one more game, or possibly two.

Brenan Hanifee is starting for the Shorebirds tonight, which effectively means that Hall’s next start will be his last for the season.     Only five days left after today.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ReclaimTheCrown said:

Interesting comments from Hall, especially regarding the progress of his changeup and some struggles with his curve.

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2018/08/dl-halls-first-full-professional-season-is-a-rousing-success.html

A lot of good insights in that article.    Thanks for posting.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the things I’d seen watching his starts (I mentioned it in a thread or article at some point) is that often he’d drop his arm slot throwing the CB and it’d get slurvy and lose effectiveness. I wonder if that’s the release point issue he refers to in the interview.

I’ve definitely noticed what Lord is talking about with succeeding without his best stuff or command, the kid is a competitor.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Luke-OH said:

One of the things I’d seen watching his starts (I mentioned it in a thread or article at some point) is that often he’d drop his arm slot throwing the CB and it’d get slurvy and lose effectiveness. I wonder if that’s the release point issue he refers to in the interview.

I’ve definitely noticed what Lord is talking about with succeeding without his best stuff or command, the kid is a competitor.

Yup, a lot of the things you’ve pointed out about Hall in your commentary on him this year are reflected in his remarks. Nice work, always enjoy your insights. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ReclaimTheCrown said:

Interesting comments from Hall, especially regarding the progress of his changeup and some struggles with his curve.

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2018/08/dl-halls-first-full-professional-season-is-a-rousing-success.html

It’s kind of nuts that our former first round pick has only generated 12 pages of chatter so far this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2021 Orioles Stats

2021 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...