Greg

Cobb to Orioles (Confirmed by Roch Kubatko)

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It's time to cut the cord with Wright.  Last thing I want to see is Mike Wright blow a game in April to cost the Orioles a wildcard spot.  

Wright can be a beast in short outings. Sitting mid 90’s. He starts out in the “B” squad reliever role. 

22 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Posted 3/14 and I'm sticking to it.

Actually

1) Cobb

2)Bundy

3)Cashner 

4) Guasman 

5) Tillman

im actually thinking about buying some tickets.

Just now, eddie83 said:

If so they have to be willing to lose someone.  Araujo isn’t leaving. 

Do you think perhaps Wright clears waivers if he is sent down? 

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

If so they have to be willing to lose someone.  Araujo isn’t leaving. 

DFA Wright on the 28th and hope nobody picks him?

• Upvote 2

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

Wright can be a beast in short outings. Sitting mid 90’s. He starts out in the “B” squad reliever role. 

I don't recall Wright getting a bump in stuff when pitching out of the pen.

In fact i remember being disappointed about it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, 25 Nuggets said:

I'd do that then.

R - Brach, Givens, O’Day, Wright, Araujo

L - Bleier, Cortes

Arajuo has the rest of ST and maybe 2-3 outings until Cobb is ready. The guy is going to have to be lights out. 

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't recall Wright getting a bump in stuff when pitching out of the pen.

In fact i remember being disappointed about it.

He’s never going to be that 98 mph we saw in his first two starts. But sitting 94-95 could be enough. Give him time to get used to how much he can push himself and we get 6 cheap years of Tommy Hunter. 

I don't know if he did it on purpose or not but the market played right into DD's hands

Two solid starting pitchers (three if Tillman does Well) for solid prices and a bunch of complimentary pieces to fill some holes. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

I'd do that then.

R - Brach, Givens, O’Day, Wright, Araujo

L - Bleier, Cortes

I think we go with this as well. 

They'll give Wright an extended look out of the pen while stretching out Castro at AAA and keeping Araujo and Cortes. Makes too much sense. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, backwardsk said:

You could go with 13 pitchers if you don't carry a MI.

Castro and Givens are the only guys in the pen with options. Not a lot of room for shenanigans. 

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Arajuo has the rest of ST and maybe 2-3 outings until Cobb is ready. The guy is going to have to be lights out. 

Idunno... Wright would be the bottom of the pecking order for me.  I might even swap him out for Donnie Hart so the club has a third lefty option in the pen until Britton comes back.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

That kid isn’t going anywhere unless he falls apart.