interloper

Go Get Greg

So Holland first turned down his 15 million player option, then turned down the 17.4 million qualifying offer...hmmm...bet he is going to take quite a haircut. 

3 hours ago, Dark Helmet said:

Holland will end up in DC. Just a hunch. 

That's certainly possible.

Doolittle and Madson is a nice 1-2, though.

Last 3 years:

• Doolittle: 3.12 ERA, 2.97 FIP, 0.981 WHIP, 10.6 SO/9, 2.6 BB/9, 6.8 H/9
  • Madson: 2.55 ERA, 3.08 FIP, 1.021 WHIP, 8.4 SO/9, 2.1 BB/9, 7.1 H/9

21 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

That's certainly possible.

Doolittle and Madson is a nice 1-2, though.

Last 3 years:

• Doolittle: 3.12 ERA, 2.97 FIP, 0.981 WHIP, 10.6 SO/9, 2.6 BB/9, 6.8 H/9
  • Madson: 2.55 ERA, 3.08 FIP, 1.021 WHIP, 8.4 SO/9, 2.1 BB/9, 7.1 H/9

Imagine Doolittle-Madson-Holland pitching the 7-9. 

10 hours ago, Dark Helmet said:

Imagine Doolittle-Madson-Holland pitching the 7-9. 

I don't think they will give up the pick for him. You forget Glover will be back at some point and he has a lot of upside.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I hear Kevin Gregg does well on three years rest.  And it is with two Gs, by the way.

We still haven't acquired the taste for him. 

On 3/22/2018 at 12:07 PM, jjnono said:

Greg Holland was brutal last season for the Rockies in August and a good bit of September.  There's a reason they went with Wade Davis this season...

He was brutal in August (13.50 ERA and three blown saves in six attempts), but he actually bounced back quite nicely in September. A 1.86 ERA and perfect on all five save attempts. So I'd say August was just a blip, not a sign of decline.

Roster-wise, Holland would be a perfect fit on this team right now. And the Orioles are still under last year's payroll. But I'm not a fan of shelling out huge money for relievers, so if Holland is still holding out for big bucks, forget it.

Sign Holland for 1 year with an option for a second year. NOW !

We cannot get out of the gate slow in April.  It's a critical month for the team and Holland could be a key to our success as well as the entire season. 

7 hours ago, section18 said:

Sign Holland for 1 year with an option for a second year. NOW !

We cannot get out of the gate slow in April.  It's a critical month for the team and Holland could be a key to our success as well as the entire season. 

I don't think replacing a muli-inning reliever with a guy that averages less than an inning per appearance is a good idea.  O's have plenty of one inning guys already.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't think replacing a muli-inning reliever with a guy that averages less than an inning per appearance is a good idea.  O's have plenty of one inning guys already.

I agree with what you’re saying, and this thread seemed kinda crazy at first. However, considering how much the bullpen is necessary for us to always over achieve, signing Holland might not be so crazy. Brach is way better as a set up man. Holland could be signed and possibly dealt at the deadline. 

Here’s why Holland would sign with us,

If he closed for us, he knows that he’s going to get 25 save opps before Britton comes back. Heck, JJ had 50 in a year where we didn’t make the playoffs. So this is the rare opportunity where a guy might take a one year deal with us. 

Would Holland take 1/6-8 million?

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I agree with what you’re saying, and this thread seemed kinda crazy at first. However, considering how much the bullpen is necessary for us to always over achieve, signing Holland might not be so crazy. Brach is way better as a set up man. Holland could be signed and possibly dealt at the deadline. 

Here’s why Holland would sign with us,

If he closed for us, he knows that he’s going to get 25 save opps before Britton comes back. Heck, JJ had 50 in a year where we didn’t make the playoffs. So this is the rare opportunity where a guy might take a one year deal with us. 

Would Holland take 1/6-8 million?

He turned down 1/15 and the qo so I don't think he would.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

He turned down 1/15 and the qo so I don't think he would.

Recently?  I’m not up on the Holland news since I thought there was no way we’d be interested. We probably still aren’t, but maybe we should. 

Would he pass our physical?  

If we’re in it then Holland and Britton would be an awesome duo. If we’re not, then they could bring back a coup. I’d say at least a QO, but I’ve learned not to bank on that with Oriole after Agents. 

19 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Recently?  I’m not up on the Holland news since I thought there was no way we’d be interested. We probably still aren’t, but maybe we should. 

Would he pass our physical?  

If we’re in it then Holland and Britton would be an awesome duo. If we’re not, then they could bring back a coup. I’d say at least a QO, but I’ve learned not to bank on that with Oriole after Agents. 

Holland can not be given a QO after this season. 

I would be surprised if Britton was given a QO after two years of injuries.