Sign in to follow this  
DirtyBird

2018 A - Delmarva Shorebirds

30 minutes ago, PaulFolk said:

More like Wowther, am I right?

Through 6, he achieved Wowtherness.  So yes, you are correct sir.  

You could probably skip him all the way to Bowie and he wouldn't be overwhelmed. 

I wonder how long they leave him down in Delmarva.  Really thought he would start in Frederick based on his age and absolute dominance in Aberdeen last year. 

Obviously has some serious deception and movement to be missing bats like that with a high 80's fastball. 

Just now, ChuckS said:

You could probably skip him all the way to Bowie and he wouldn't be overwhelmed. 

I wonder how long they leave him down in Delmarva.  Really thought he would start in Frederick based on his age and absolute dominance in Aberdeen last year. 

Obviously has some serious deception and movement to be missing bats like that with a high 80's fastball. 

I think they are gun shy after Akin and Sedlock didn’t blow people away after skipping Delmarva. I said when he was drafted that he was too advanced for Aberdeen, and I said in the offseason that he was ready to jump to Frederick.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

I think they are gun shy after Akin and Sedlock didn’t blow people away after skipping Delmarva. I said when he was drafted that he was too advanced for Aberdeen, and I said in the offseason that he was ready to jump to Frederick.

How is he compared to Wells, in terms of age and experience,  since they kept Wells in Delmarva all of last season despite the dominance?

52 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

How is he compared to Wells, in terms of age and experience,  since they kept Wells in Delmarva all of last season despite the dominance?

He’s almost 2 years older than Wells was last year. I bet he’ll be more dominant than Wells was in Low A. He’s pitched 200+ NCAA innings and pitched in the Cape Cod League which is practically Low A level of competition, so he has much more experience.

19 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

He’s almost 2 years older than Wells was last year. I bet he’ll be more dominant than Wells was in Low A. He’s pitched 200+ NCAA innings and pitched in the Cape Cod League which is practically Low A level of competition, so he has much more experience.

Agreed.    I think the O’s need to be ready to make promotions to Frederick after 6 weeks or so if these guys dominate.   

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Agreed.    I think the O’s need to be ready to make promotions to Frederick after 6 weeks or so if these guys dominate.   

If they show that the level isn't challenging them at all, then go for it. Makes the rotation situations in Frederick and Bowie more interesting too

13 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

If they show that the level isn't challenging them at all, then go for it. Makes the rotation situations in Frederick and Bowie more interesting too

It's going to be tough to crack the Frederick rotation, which also currently has seven starters in it. 

Seems to be some openings in Bowie though.  A starter getting promoted from Delmarva will likely have to be paired with one getting promoted from Frederick or at least demoted to their bullpen. 

Lowther and Baumann both look like good candidates for an early promotion but I'm not sure there is a pitcher in Frederick who fits that bill.  

8 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

It's going to be tough to crack the Frederick rotation, which also currently has seven starters in it. 

Seems to be some openings in Bowie though.  A starter getting promoted from Delmarva will likely have to be paired with one getting promoted from Frederick or at least demoted to their bullpen. 

Lowther and Baumann both look like good candidates for an early promotion but I'm not sure there is a pitcher in Frederick who fits that bill.  

Alvarado is probably the top candidate if they pair early promotions (not saying they will).

He spent 140 innings in Frederick last year, and his peripherals were actually pretty solid. He’s 23, and he’s a command above stuff guy. He was sharp his first start, I could see him moving.

1 hour ago, Luke-OH said:

Alvarado is probably the top candidate if they pair early promotions (not saying they will).

He spent 140 innings in Frederick last year, and his peripherals were actually pretty solid. He’s 23, and he’s a command above stuff guy. He was sharp his first start, I could see him moving.

Then why  not have him in Bowie? 

8 hours ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Then why  not have him in Bowie? 

That’s what I said, if they move someone to Bowie he’d be the guy.