Sign in to follow this  
DirtyBird

2018 A - Delmarva Shorebirds

Dietz couldn’t throw strikes tonight apparently, walked 7 in 3.1 innings. 

One of my favorite late round guys the O’s drafted last year, Ryan Wilson, has joined Delmarva from extended spring training and pitched 2.2 innings in relief allowing 1H, 0R, 0BB and striking out 3.

Edit: Ryan Wilson was added to replace Michael Baumann who was placed on the temporary restricted list.

7 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

Edit: Ryan Wilson was added to replace Michael Baumann who was placed on the temporary restricted list.

What’s thi mean?

9 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

2 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

What’s thi mean?

Could mean he had a family emergency. That's what it usually means in the minors.

Will DeBoer

SALISBURY, MD - The Delmarva Shorebirds had company atop the SAL Northern Division by the end of Monday night as the surging Kannapolis Intimdators shut out the ‘Birds 3-0 at Arthur W. Perdue Stadium. The Shorebirds and Intimidators are now both 12-6.

Blake Battenfield (1-1) led the Intimidators to their fifth straight win, tossing six scoreless two-hit innings. He walked one and struck out eight. Gray Fenter (2-1) took the loss for the Shorebirds, giving up a run on three hits in three innings out of the bullpen. He walked one and struck out six.

Jake Elliott earned his third hold with two scoreless, serving as a bridge to Jose Nin, who locked down his first save and Kannapolis’ second clean sheet in the past three games.

Kannapolis broke the seal in the runs column in the top half of the fifth. Michael Hickman led off with a double, then a bunt single from Laz Rivera put men on the corners. Tyler Frost got plunked in the ankle to load the bases with one out. After a force at the plate, Luis Gonzalez eyed a five-pitch walk, forcing in Rivera to make it 1-0. Fenter kept the damage minimal, getting a strikeout and groundout to leave them loaded.

In the eighth, Justin Yurchak battled for a 10-pitch walk, and Nolan Brown laid down a bunt to get two men on. Anthony Villa then cracked a double into the right center gap, scoring both runners to give the game its final margin.

The Shorebirds, meanwhile, got a double from Kirvin Moesquit to lead off the game but little else offensively. They didn’t get multiple runners on base until the bottom of the ninth when Zach Jarrett and T.J. Nichting notched back-to-back leadoff singles. That’s as far as it would get, though, as Seamus Curran flew out to center, Will Robertson lined out at short, and Ryan Ripken skyed one out to left to end it.

Villa paced the Kannapolis attack, going 2-for-3 with a double and two RBIs.

Nichting’s ninth-inning single extended his hitting streak to 10 games; he is batting .375 since April 13, and the 10-gamer is the fourth double-digit hitting streak of Nichting’s young career.

Orioles’ 2017 first-round pick DL Hall made his third start of the season, cruising through his set three innings. He allowed one hit and walked one while striking out two, an identical line to his Shorebird debut from April 9 against Hickory.

2 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Delmarva won today on a 2 out, 2 strike, 2 run walk off home run by Zach Jarrett. That was his league leading 7th home run.

Shorebirds move back into first place.

It’s interesting to see Jarrett doing so well (.338/.413/.723) after hitting .201/.252/.288/ at Aberdeen.    I guess he’s this year’s version of Jake Ring (minus the glove).

2 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Delmarva won today on a 2 out, 2 strike, 2 run walk off home run by Zach Jarrett. That was his league leading 7th home run.

Shorebirds move back into first place.

Is it time to get excited about the race car driver's son?

DbuzK1lXkAEAT7E.jpg

55 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It’s interesting to see Jarrett doing so well (.338/.413/.723) after hitting .201/.252/.288/ at Aberdeen.    I guess he’s this year’s version of Jake Ring (minus the glove).

Didn't you just say in another thread that you don't take anything from a 3 week, beginning of the season stat list? :cool:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Didn't you just say in another thread that you don't take anything from a 3 week, beginning of the season stat list? :cool:

Well, I don’t, except to wonder if there’s more to Jarrett than met the eye from last year’s stats (which also wasn’t that big a sample).   My reference to Jake Ring referred to the fact that Ring started 2017 on fire (1.085 OPS in April) and then cooled way down as one would expect (he finished at .785).

15 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Well, I don’t, except to wonder if there’s more to Jarrett than met the eye from last year’s stats (which also wasn’t that big a sample).   My reference to Jake Ring referred to the fact that Ring started 2017 on fire (1.085 OPS in April) and then cooled way down as one would expect (he finished at .785).

Gotcha. I was mainly making a joking reference.

He will be interesting to see. If I remember, didn't Ring go on a huge power terror to start?

8 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

He's a month younger than I am. 

Better get going if you want to make the majors!

Manny is about 3 months older than my son.   When he came up, it blew my mind that a kid my son’s age was playing for the O’s.