Jump to content
bird watcher

Trey Mancini is going to trend up

Recommended Posts

o

 

 

(vs. INDIANS, 5/16)

 

NUMBER 9

 

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

 

o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People here are sleeping on Mancini.

"Like, oh my god, he's ALREADY 27 and will probably BE OVER 30 by the time the Orioles are good again.  Like, I just cannnn't have that on my team, everyone has to be under 30."

That dude doesn't slump for very long, he's quick to make adjustments.  He's got a good approach.  

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

 

 

(vs. INDIANS, 5/16)

 

NUMBER 9

 

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

JOSEPANTHONY MANCINI

 

o

o

 

 

 

o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Like, oh my god, he was draaaaafted in the 8th round and never made a top 100 prospect list, I just caannnnnn't have that on my team."

"Um, are you, like, kidding me?  He's not a great outfielderrrr and like, that's super important and I think we just have to have Gold Glovers at, like, every position....whateverrrr, have you seen his UZR?"  

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

People here are sleeping on Mancini.

"Like, oh my god, he's ALREADY 27 and will probably BE OVER 30 by the time the Orioles are good again.  Like, I just cannnn't have that on my team, everyone has to be under 30."

That dude doesn't slump for very long, he's quick to make adjustments.  He's got a good approach.  

Three months in a row isn't long?

2018-

May 597 OPS

June 674 OPS

July 623 OPS

 

Sorry for disrupting your rant.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s having a damn good year so far. Could be a career year where he hits .300 with 30 homers. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Three months in a row isn't long?

2018-

May 597 OPS

June 674 OPS

July 623 OPS

 

Sorry for disrupting your rant.

 

He was hurt.  Sorry for introducing context.

 

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

He was hurt.  Sorry for introducing context.

 

 

Yes, the great wall contusion that didn't result in a DL stint yet trashed his numbers for three months.

I've heard about that.

What I haven't heard about, I mean other than from you, is how Mancini being an eighth round pick means bupkiss now that he's in the majors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yes, the great wall contusion that didn't result in a DL stint yet trashed his numbers for three months.

I've heard about that.

What I haven't heard about, I mean other than from you, is how Mancini being an eighth round pick means bupkiss now that he's in the majors.

I got your bupkiss right here...

I just think that people would be more apt to not write him off if he was a 1st or 2nd round pick.  Comprende?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Moose Milligan said:

I got your bupkiss right here...

I just think that people would be more apt to not write him off if he was a 1st or 2nd round pick.  Comprende?

You lost me when you said you think.  😛

Draft order matters when it comes to prospect lists, not when you are looking at a guy in his third year in the majors.

No one is going "This hot start isn't sustainable because he was selected in the eighth round.".

It's a poor narrative and you should retire it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Can_of_corn said:

You lost me when you said you think.  😛

Draft order matters when it comes to prospect lists, not when you are looking at a guy in his third year in the majors.

No one is going "This hot start isn't sustainable because he was selected in the eighth round.".

It's a poor narrative and you should retire it.

It's a fantastic narrative you can't comprehend, therefore I'll keep it up.  And yes, people are saying that, essentially, because he wasn't highly touted to begin with.  

Guys that get drafted in the later rounds get viewed in a different light.  Look how many chances a guy like Jeffrey Hammonds got, despite not being able to stay healthy for more than 5 minutes.  You think Jeffrey Hammonds would have received all those chances if he were drafted in the 10th round?  

Guys that get drafted in the first round get every opportunity to show that they CAN'T play.  If Mancini was a 1st round pick it'd be all "OMG, he's finally coming into his own, we've got a piece we can build around!" instead of "Hey, what can we trade him for, he can't keep this up...right?!" which is pretty close to saying "This hot start isn't sustainable because he was selected in the eighth round."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

It's a fantastic narrative you can't comprehend, therefore I'll keep it up.

 

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

People here are sleeping on Mancini.

"Like, oh my god, he's ALREADY 27 and will probably BE OVER 30 by the time the Orioles are good again.  Like, I just cannnn't have that on my team, everyone has to be under 30."

That dude doesn't slump for very long, he's quick to make adjustments.  He's got a good approach.  

I don't care what anyone says, not every player has to be trade bait because we are in a rebuild.Mancini is a keeper. And he'll get better as he grows into his body...He's also a great kid who would be a fan favorite if he stays a while...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s been locked in since day one. You can find slumps (statistical) here and there but he was 3rd in ROY voting two seasons ago and hasn’t dropped off since. He’s been the bright spot on the team for two seasons now. It’s exciting to watch him play, how he adjusts and his overall approach to the game. Also actually looks like he’s enjoying himself out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...