Jump to content
OFFNY

vs. RED SOX, 4/13

Recommended Posts

Just now, eddie83 said:

Am I the only one who thinks that we have a legit chance at 3 starters being better than league average? 

Nah I think that's reasonable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

Ubaldo's pothole?

That sounds like a physics/cosmology term.

 

Ubaldo's Pothole

ad86e70fbc3c803194b5e86149ec7701.gif

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Palmer noted that Tillman has not won a single game in 20 consecutive starts since last year...I thought about a definition of insanity as continuing to do the same thing and expecting a different result.  Dan Duquette is insane. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Here is my thing. We play in a tough division and the owner doesn’t invest in scouts and International. So it is really hard to win over the long haul when you have those limitations. I can’t get on Dan for this one. KC outplayed us but Manny getting hurt did not help. Baseball is a funny game.  

I just didn't see the point of trading away a consensus top 75 prospect for two months of a guy they really didn't need at a position that really has a very limited impact on the game. With a stronger farm system, it might have been understandable but the Orioles had a very thin, top heavy farm system. To thin it out even more for a rental reliever was always going to be a mistake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

They just call it a dead arm, they don't literally mean the arm is dead.

Haha, seriously, I think that's what Tillman has. He might not be in pain but it is an injury and could get better from treatment. 

“Dead Arm” is a common term used in the athletes in sports requiring precision throwing like baseball. The term “Dead Arm” is defined as any pathological shoulder condition in which the thrower is unable to throw with pre-injury velocity and control due to pain. Dead arm usually occurs during the acceleration phase when the arm is moving forward and the athlete suddenly feel s pain, and the am goes “dead” and is no longer able to throw the ball with his usual velocity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tntoriole said:

When Palmer noted that Tillman has not won a single game in 20 consecutive starts since last year...I thought about a definition of insanity as continuing to do the same thing and expecting a different result.  Dan Duquette is insane. 

I wonder what Rick Petersen is up to these days....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TINSTAAPP said:

I just didn't see the point of trading away a consensus top 75 prospect for two months of a guy they really didn't need at a position that really has a very limited impact on the game. With a stronger farm system, it might have been understandable but the Orioles had a very thin, top heavy farm system. To thin it out even more for a rental reliever was always going to be a mistake. 

He was top 75 when the season started.  Do you think he was top 75 when he was traded?  I'd say some luster had faded from that rose during the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

When Palmer noted that Tillman has not won a single game in 20 consecutive starts since last year...I thought about a definition of insanity as continuing to do the same thing and expecting a different result.  Dan Duquette is insane. 

That is crazy! I wonder what is the record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Am I the only one who thinks that we have a legit chance at 3 starters being better than league average? 

With no evidence, I have often mused that during the regular season the difference maker is often the quality of the 4th and 5th guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

Haha, seriously, I think that's what Tillman has. He might not be in pain but it is an injury and could get better from treatment. 

“Dead Arm” is a common term used in the athletes in sports requiring precision throwing like baseball. The term “Dead Arm” is defined as any pathological shoulder condition in which the thrower is unable to throw with pre-injury velocity and control due to pain. Dead arm usually occurs during the acceleration phase when the arm is moving forward and the athlete suddenly feel s pain, and the am goes “dead” and is no longer able to throw the ball with his usual velocity.

I think he has "isn't a major league pitcher anymore".

Seriously.  I don't think it is fixable.  He had all offseason to figure something out, this is what we got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...