Sign in to follow this  
OFFNY

2018 Milwaukee Brewers

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Not starting again tonight. He usually will get in either as PH or switch .

Yeah during his hitting resurgence he's started about half of the Brewers game. Sometimes he gets pinch-hit for, sometimes pinch-hits, and sometimes even replaces Shaw for defense at second. They've played three extra-inning games during that stretch.

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

He’s making $8.5 million in arb this year. He’s worth 1.7 WAR right now. What’s he looking like in Arb next year?  $12 million?  

I am guessing Schoop becomes a free agent after the season.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

He gets tendered.  They might trade him but he'll get tendered.

Want to bet?  No one is paying Schoop over 9 million year.

I wonder what Schoop would accept as an extension at this point?  This Milwaukee situation has to scare him pretty bad. Maybe things weren’t so bad here. Flip the Brewers something back and offer Schoop 5/60.

Schoop could be having that “come to Jesus” moment in Milwaukee. Shocker. We have a barren system of middle IFs. Could be the ultimate buy low. That’s what we’re all thinking anyways. 

Edited by sportsfan8703

No thanks on re-acquiring Schoop and extending him.  He is what is wrong with the Orioles, a guy who hits home runs, strikeouts out a lot, does not walk, below average speed and declining defense which will only get worse as gets older.

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I wonder what Schoop would accept as an extension at this point?  This Milwaukee situation has to scare him pretty bad. Maybe things weren’t so bad here. Flip the Brewers something back and offer Schoop 5/60.

Schoop could be having that “come to Jesus” moment in Milwaukee. Shocker. We have a barren system of middle IFs. Could be the ultimate buy low. That’s what we’re all thinking anyways. 

There are a lot of moving parts in the Brewers' infield depth chart. I doubt they want to pay Moustakas $15 million to come back next year and if he's gone, Shaw (still sub-one million bucks/season) can move back to third base and Schoop can reclaim second.

I wouldn't know, but it seems like Manny, Buck and some coaches were Schoop's main emotional attachment to the O's. They could all be gone by next season.

The Brewers are an exciting team in a thrilling pennant race. His "Come to Jesus"-moment may actually be that he loves being in the thick of it even if he doesn't start every single game. Even when he's not in the starting lineup, he usually gets inserted in high-leverage situations. Last night, he had 3 RBIs in 2 ABs and a highlight-reel game-ending play at second base despite not entering the game until the 8th inning.

The O's need a good defensive shortstop with range, especially if Nunez claims third base. We already have a second baseman.

I just don't see it happening.

3 hours ago, weams said:

We are all going to owe Cimota an apology when  Schoop is out of baseball next season. 

I think he will land somewhere, just not for the money he was wanting.