Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Frobby

Wright vs. Tillman vs. anybody else

Recommended Posts

As a competitor, I like Chris Tillman much better than Mike Wright.   Tillman is more resourceful, more mature and a more steady person.  

Irrelevant.    Tillman seemingly can’t pitch anymore.   His velocity is way worse than Wright, his command is worse (which is saying something) and he can’t get it done even on his good days, much less his bad ones.    Wright at least will give you a decent game one day out of three.    Gun to my head, I’d rather take my chances with Wright right now. 

Personally, I’d be on the phone with Scott Feldman right now and get him to Sarasota tomorrow.   And, I’d be ready to try Aquino or Hess in a week or two if Wright doesn’t have a decent start in the next two.

As to Tillman, he can agree to go to  Norfolk after he’s DFA and try to get his act together there.    Or, he can choose another path.   But he needs to be off our roster.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wright is much better than Tillman right now. With Tillman, you're essentially conceding the game before it starts while Wright at least gives you a shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Miguel Castro.   The guy has three pitches and throws upper 90's.   He might suck but he's got some upside and we already have Araujo, Givens, O'Day, and Brach in the bullpen.   I'd like to see Castro get 3-4 starts and see if he can go 5 decent innings as the 5th starter.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Miguel Castro.   The guy has three pitches and throws upper 90's.   He might suck but he's got some upside and we already have Araujo, Givens, O'Day, and Brach in the bullpen.   I'd like to see Castro get 3-4 starts and see if he can go 5 decent innings as the 5th starter.

His command is terrible. IMO he'd be almost as bad as Tillman, if not worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, amdcpus said:

His command is terrible. IMO he'd be almost as bad as Tillman, if not worse.

Tillman is toast and Mike Wright has proven time and again that he can't do it.   Best in house solutions are bullpen guys.    Castro, Bleier, and even Araujo in that order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

David Hess

Really?  Based on one good AAA start?   Too early.  He was just okay in his second try in AA last year.   Give him at least 5 AAA starts to earn it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RZNJ said:

Really?  Based on one good AAA start?   Too early.  He was just okay in his second try in AA last year.   Give him at least 5 AAA starts to earn it.

Based on a discussion between Mike Wright and Chris Tillman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Tillman is toast and Mike Wright has proven time and again that he can't do it.   Best in house solutions are bullpen guys.    Castro, Bleier, and even Araujo in that order.

Bleier would get smoked as a starter. I'm not ready to give up on Wright just yet, he's only pitched 150 innings in the majors so far, which is less than 1 season's worth for a regular starter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, amdcpus said:

Bleier would get smoked as a starter. I'm not ready to give up on Wright just yet, he's only pitched 150 innings in the majors so far, which is less than 1 season's worth for a regular starter.

You said Miguel Castro had terrible command.   He looks like Greg Maddux compared to Mike Wright.   Mike Wright can't sequence 3 good pitches in a row.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Miguel Castro.   The guy has three pitches and throws upper 90's.   He might suck but he's got some upside and we already have Araujo, Givens, O'Day, and Brach in the bullpen.   I'd like to see Castro get 3-4 starts and see if he can go 5 decent innings as the 5th starter.

I’d be fine trying that too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Really?  Based on one good AAA start?   Too early.  He was just okay in his second try in AA last year.   Give him at least 5 AAA starts to earn it.

I love Hess but agree, he’s not quite ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Really?  Based on one good AAA start?   Too early.  He was just okay in his second try in AA last year.   Give him at least 5 AAA starts to earn it.

Hess was also better than “just okay” last season. He had a few rough outings, mostly in the first half of the season, but was very good from late June on. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...