Sign in to follow this  
OFFNY

vs. INDIANS, 4/23

Just now, Mendoza Line said:

It was the right overturn.  Close, but it beat him

I don't agree.  At least not enough evidence to overturn the call on the field.  Had the call been out, and we challenged, I would have expected the call to stand due to lack of evidence.

Just now, gmelson26 said:

I don't agree.  At least not enough evidence to overturn the call on the field.  Had the call been out, and we challenged, I would have expected the call to stand due to lack of evidence.

I'm watching the Cleveland feed.  Maybe the MASN one didn't show it, but the angle they showed, he was out.

1 minute ago, gmelson26 said:

They overturn far too many calls that they do not have incontrovertible evidence as the basis.

1 minute ago, allquixotic said:

I'm as confused as Davis (and vice versa). How can he be so alert to make such an incredible, high-paced play so well, but he can't hit the ball?

He had a solid, purposeful-looking opposite field hit today. And...he hasn't struck out yet!

Just now, allquixotic said:

I'm as confused as Davis (and vice versa). How can he be so alert to make such an incredible, high-paced play so well, but he can't hit the ball?

I don't know the answer, but less precision is required to get a ball in the mitt than to hit a pitch solidly with the bat.