Sign in to follow this  
Roy Firestone

What a sad and dreary season this has been...

..and its still not May. Theres no way this team can dig themselves out of this kind of hole and compete at a high level. Too many poor performances...too many injuries, and too many teams that are better than us.

I just watch to see if someone is exciting going forward for the future. I think you can kiss Adam, Manny, Zach, Brach, and other goodbye.

This team will have to have a long, painful rebuild.

We had our window. The window closed...on our hands.

This is painful to watch.

I thought we'd be better than this.But the reality is..we are a poor baseball club .

Gonna be a loooooong summer.

• Upvote 1

Perhaps what's worse? Notice how the O's can't call up anybody with impact talent. This is how poorly Duquette has ran the organization as a whole. He completely sacrificed the future for short term success.

5 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

Perhaps what's worse? Notice how the O's can't call up anybody with impact talent. This is how poorly Duquette has ran the organization as a whole. He completely sacrificed the future for short term success.

They have guys in minors who have the potential to be good players but for some reason they won't call them up. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, LookitsPuck said:

You want a GM

-who has won and therefore has not had top draft pics

- has no International spending $

-  has that same owner refuse to deal vets

to build a great system with nothing in his favor? 

Yes he has made mistakes but there are 3 major ways to acquire young talent and he has not been able to work with any of those options. Plus we have some young talent it is just not quite ready yet.  

7 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

I had a pretty fun few years after a miserable decade plus beforehand. I'm glad it happened.

• Upvote 2

Just now, atomic said:

They have guys in minors who have the potential to be good players but for some reason they won't call them up. 

We will see them. You don’t rush their development just because the major league team is hard to watch.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

It’s ok. Trumbo will be back soon.

Is that disrespect for Orioles great Mark Trumbo I'm sensing? I'll have you know that he went an impressive 0-4 in a AA game today!

16 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

I agree with this in terms of infield prospects. But I don't know why guys like Hays, Stewart, and Sisco (already on team) aren't up and playing everyday instead of Santander, Gentry, and Valencia. Unless this team has some sort of delusion that they can still compete somehow, there should be a youth movement and preperations for trading vets in July. 

Everyone enjoy the memories from Magical 2012 (Ruined By Raul Ibanez), Legit Good 2014 (That Still Choked), and Marginally Decent 2016 (Ruined by Edwin Encarnacion, Buck Showalter and Ubaldo Jimenez).

That's about all the recognition towards being a competitive team the Orioles will be afforded for an entire generation. Welcome to another decade-plus of losing baseball, folks. It starts now.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

It’s ok. Trumbo will be back soon.

I had a friend tell me that today over a beer and he was very serious. Longtime O’s fan. Because I read this forum nearly every day, I forget how the casual fan sees things some times. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

Everyone enjoy the memories from Magical 2012 (Ruined By Raul Ibanez), Legit Good 2014 (That Still Choked), and Marginally Decent 2016 (Ruined by Edwin Encarnacion, Buck Showalter and Ubaldo Jimenez).

That's about all the recognition towards being a competitive team the Orioles will be afforded for an entire generation. Welcome to another decade-plus of losing baseball, folks. It starts now.

I'm waiting to see what we do at (or before) the trade deadline to proclaim that. 

Also, I have a little sliver of hope that the FO will get a bit more progressive with the Angelos bros. running things

21 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

Great summary of the Buck-Duquette-Jones era. 

Davis only has 4 years after this, so it doesn't have to take 10 years to rebuild. Could be as fast as five!