Natty

So I stopped wearing my Orioles ballcap.

Everywhere I go people were pointing at my hat and saying things like "worst team in baseball"  or "them birds are cooked". Some people just pointed to my hat and shook their heads. It's just embarrassing and depressing. So I'm back to wearing my camo ballcap now.

Go ahead call me a fair weather fan.

Should I save my O's ballcap for a few years hoping they will get better? Or should I just flush it down the toilet? 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

Just now, VaBird1 said:

Interesting. Nobody says anything to me.

I am getting zero grief from strangers and my co-workers that are fans of other teams aren't hassling me either.

Still might get that Ghost Crab hat and use it this year, just to change things up. 

I still wear mine and when someone says the O's suck I say "yup". It's not really an opinion as much as it is a fact.

• Upvote 1

o

When I was in graduate school at Lehman College (in the Bronx) in the Fall of 2009, one of the advisors (Yankee fan) told me that it must be embarrassing to be wearing the Orioles gear like I was doing. I told him that it's easy to wear your team's gear and wave the flag when they are doing well, but that a team REALLY NEEDS YOU  when the chips are down, like they were at that time (2009), and like they are now in 2018. A woman who was in the room looked at the two of us, motioned towards me and said, "I want HIM on my side." Unbeknownst to me, she happened to be my professor for the class that I was about to start in the upcoming semester. 

And thankfully, I have eternal visual proof that I support my team(s) through thick and thin, as the dated photo below (from September of 2009) shows. 

At Fenway Park

o

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Natty said:

Everywhere I go people were pointing at my hat and saying things like "worst team in baseball"  or "them birds are cooked". Some people just pointed to my hat and shook their heads. It's just embarrassing and depressing. So I'm back to wearing my camo ballcap now.

Should I save my O's ballcap for a few years hoping they will get better? Or should I just flush it down the toilet? 

I wouldn't advise flushing it if you want to avoid a large plumbers bill.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

When I was in graduate school at Lehman College (in the Bronx) in the Fall of 2009, one of the advisors (Yankee fan) told me that it must be embarrassing to be wearing the Orioles gear like I was doing. I told him that it's easy to wear your team's gear and wave the flag when they were doing well, but that a team REALLY NEEDS YOU  when the chips are down, like they were at that time (2009), and like they are now in 2018. A woman who was in the room looked at the two of us, motioned towards me and said, "I want HIM on my side." Unbeknownst to me, she happened to be my professor for the class that I was about to start in the upcoming semester. 

And thankfully, I have eternal visual proof that I support my team(s) through thick and thin, as the dated photo below (from September of 2009) shows. 

At Fenway Park

o

I like the idea of wearing a mask while wearing the hat. Seems like a sensible compromise.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I am getting zero grief from strangers and my co-workers that are fans of other teams aren't hassling me either.

Still might get that Ghost Crab hat and use it this year, just to change things up. 

Those Ghost Crab hats are nice, I'm going to grab one too. I'll still wear my O's cap too.

7 hours ago, Natty said:

Out of curiosity, where was this? Whenever I wear my Orioles hat in public, nobody ever says anything.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

When I was in graduate school at Lehman College (in the Bronx) in the Fall of 2009, one of the advisors (Yankee fan) told me that it must be embarrassing to be wearing the Orioles gear like I was doing. I told him that it's easy to wear your team's gear and wave the flag when they were doing well, but that a team REALLY NEEDS YOU  when the chips are down, like they were at that time (2009), and like they are now in 2018. A woman who was in the room looked at the two of us, motioned towards me and said, "I want HIM on my side." Unbeknownst to me, she happened to be my professor for the class that I was about to start in the upcoming semester. 

At Fenway Park

o

Post about team pride then show a pic of you hiding your face? It's a cool pic, just find the irony funny. Not meant to be a jab. It's a cool story bro.

• Thanks 1

There may be good years, and bad years, but this is life too. Not every year is sweet, not every season is enjoyable.But I'll never,ever,stop loving my birds.I will wear my hat with pride, and I will try and watch my team when I choose now, and look towards the future. This team will not resemble the team we will have next year. Many will not return, but like life, changes are both inevitable and the only way to make progress. Im an Oriole fan, today, now, and forever. I don't tell what anyone else to do...but I'll still love my team.Its a love that will never die.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

Post about team pride then show a pic of you hiding your face? It's a cool pic, just find the irony funny. Not meant to be a jab. It's a cool story, bro.

o

Thanks.

The thing about the mask is that I always wear it to all games at home and on the road, except for Yankees Stadium (the only Major League or Minor League Stadium that I have been to that does not allow masks.) So I continued to wear it in the franchise's Renaissance period (2012-2016), as well as in the hard and trying times.

o

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Thanks.

The thing about the mask is that I always wear it to all games at home and on the road, except for Yankees Stadium (the only Major League or Minor League Stadium that I have been to that does not allow masks.) So I continued to wear it in the franchise's Renaissance period (2012-2016), as well as in the hard and trying times.

o

I still wear my Orioles hat. When they were good non Orioles fans took shots at me. Now I'm back to not mattering lol.