Roy Firestone

Losing patience with Adam Jones

The guys that have a disciplined approach that work counts and draw walks have it right from the beginning, and the guys that are free swingers are that way right out of the gate, and tend to stay that way.

Now I'm certain that some exceptions can be found, but as a general rule this seems pretty rock-solid.

Are you saying that you can read a high-ceiling rookie's actual ceiling, based on how selective he is right at first?

Are you saying that a 22 yr old who gets fooled by P's into chasing stuff he shouldn't chase is unlikely to get significantly better about that with experience?

I still try to bullish on Adam. Hes a great great outfielder with an erratic arm. He still strikes out(leads the team now) nearly once every four times up. He comes close to but doesnt seem to hit the big home run.He has horrible pitch recognition.

He has many many poor AB's in crucial situations(Milwaukee most recently comes to mind). Adam is a great guy with a terrific attitude, but Im beginning to lose confidence in this 22 year old. I know I will be blasted for this, but I until I saw his ghastly numbers, I almost wish we had signed Corey Patterson. Then I looked at his numbers and saw he was just recalled from Louisville. Man those are some sad numbers...

Patience, patience patience. Please somebody write something that makes me believe he's turning the corner(Oh I know..the interleague numbers and his last month BA). I dont see a blossoming great player by a long shot..and by now..we shouldve seen something.

Feel better Roy, he has 2 hits tonight and some excellent baserunning to get us our 2nd run. He will be fine.

Rather than everyone going into a dither and postulating about Adam Jones' future, why don't we let him finish his VERY FIRST FULL ML SEASON, and maybe even his second season, before we pass judgment on him. This thinking is nothing more than premature ejaculation....;)

Show me the post where someone has passed judgment on Jones?

Good work, Roy -- Looks like Adam read your post and took it to heart. Two games in a row I have watched him coax a walk after being in a hole, and he took some pitches that he would have struck out on earlier in the season. Maybe he is beginning to put things together a little. :)

Feel better Roy, he has 2 hits tonight and some excellent baserunning to get us our 2nd run. He will be fine.

I only said I was losing patience. Of course with the two hits and the run scored Adam made a horrible error in the first that put runners in scoring position. He also made a terrible(remember the phrase erratic arm?) throw that shouldve got the runner at third in the 8th..but it didnt hurt us. Im not saying Adam Jones wont be a solid player someday..but he is an adventure out there right now..and its not the kind of adventure Im enjoying.

I hate to say it, but eat crow Roy. Ever since you dogged Jones he has been blistering the ball. 5 for 5 with some SB's and several runs. I guess this means whenever he struggles you need to criticize his game.

Clearly Adam Jones reads this site. He is clearly motivated to prove to Roy Firestone that he is going to be a stud. He may not make an out for the rest of the year.:D

Roy, is there any chance you are losing patience with high gas prices? I think you should start a thread on it here and see what happens, you may have the midas touch...

Roy, is there any chance you are losing patience with high gas prices? I think you should start a thread on it here and see what happens, you may have the midas touch...

But I still am losing my patience with him. As long as he hits, I will keep losing my patience . Next, I will lose my patience with Daniel Cabrera. And yet to come, I will really lose my patience with Jaime Walker.

I am very patient with the Yankees, Rays and Red Sox...Does that make any sense?

But I still am losing my patience with him. As long as he hits, I will keep losing my patience . Next, I will lose my patience with Daniel Cabrera. And yet to come, I will really lose my patience with Jaime Walker.

I am very patient with the Yankees, Rays and Red Sox...Does that make any sense?

LOL!!!:D!!!!!