foxfield

Orioles: Most inept organization in all of profesional sports?

8 minutes ago, AnythingO's said:

No way Buck does that to one of his guys. Renee has it, phantom injury, extended rehab.

If Reimold can actually last a whole year on the roster as a DEFENSIVE replacement (only to come into a playoff game and make an error) then Buck can figure a way to keep Tillman.

1 minute ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Who is the best 5th msn option? Castro? Harvey?

Scott Feldman is still out there?

He was pretty good until he got hurt last year.   

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Who is the best 5th msn option? Castro? Harvey?

Harvey pitched like 18 innings last year and none so far this year. He isnt ready.

It was obvious in camp he was done.  We've let him destroy three games now, to say nothing of the bullpen having to clean up.  Aren't we going for it?

(Yes, I said I was okay with the signing ...IF... they had seen him throw and believed he was better, a reasonable assumption, but he's clearly broken.)

Internally we have Hess and Ramirez.  Ugh.  It's not Wright.  Castro hasn't been good.  I hope they don't go with Harvey but it's possible.

I'd definitely call Feldman, Dickey, and Lackey.  Trade for Vargas?  Trade for Hellickson?  

I'd rather forfeit every 5th day (which is what we're doing now) than call Ubaldo.

Dickey is still a FA. We could use an innings eater anyways. But I totally agree with the premise. I think his release is the only sane option from this point.

41 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I consider myself to be as patient as any member of this board.   Today was the last straw.    Release  Tillman.  

Welcome to the dark side.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

There is a perfectly good Tillman thread :) 

I think releasing him would be dumb. Find him a phantom injury. That's how we role....

I would have still given him the same contract. A $3 Million option is nothing for a SP.  You might be right (seems like it), but still worthwhile to keep him in the org to see if he figures it out IMO. 

Unless there really is an injury, not releasing him would be dumb.  Let him go, eat the $, and let a spot on the 40 man open up for whatever opportunity may present itself inside or outside the organization.

33 minutes ago, murph said:

Scott Feldman is still out there?

He was pretty good until he got hurt last year.   

Exactly.

Pick up the phone.

Call Feldman.

Call Dickey.

Call Cahill.

Call Lackey.

Offer them $1-2 million to pitch be our #5 starter.  First person who accepts, bring them in and if they pass a physical, sign them.  

• Upvote 2