Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
OriolesMagic83

Yankees have too many good young players

Recommended Posts

The Yankees had to send Torreyes (Ronald not Gleyber (sp?) their last names are slightly different) to the minors to make room for Bird.  Torreyes was hitting .339 in limited action. The Yankees have so many good young players they don't have room for all of them in the majors.  The other player considered for demation was Tyler Austin who had 23 RBI in 29 games.  Either of these players would be better than most of the O's hitters except for Manny and probably Mancini.  I wouldn't mind the O's targeting Torreyes in a trade.  What is his upside?  Clint Frazier is another prospect that seems blocked because the Yankees have too many outfielders.

 

 

 

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/23612913/new-york-yankees-activated-first-baseman-greg-bird-disabled-list-demoted-infielder-ronald-torreyes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one dislikes the Yankees more than me, but If Manny wants to play on the Yankees, he will be there next year, so why not at least get some of their young talent in return.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

The Yankees had to send Torreyes (Ronald not Gleyber (sp?) their last names are slightly different) to the minors to make room for Bird.  Torreyes was hitting .339 in limited action. The Yankees have so many good young players they don't have room for all of them in the majors.  The other player considered for demation was Tyler Austin who had 23 RBI in 29 games.  Either of these players would be better than most of the O's hitters except for Manny and probably Mancini.  I wouldn't mind the O's targeting Torreyes in a trade.  What is his upside?  Clint Frazier is another prospect that seems blocked because the Yankees have too many outfielders.

 

 

 

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/23612913/new-york-yankees-activated-first-baseman-greg-bird-disabled-list-demoted-infielder-ronald-torreyes

The Yankees are a smart run organization. I sure wish the O's were. I don't know enough of the Yankee players that could come to Baltimore in a trade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I absolutely reject ANY attempt to put Manny on the Yankees.

I don't. If they could get good return for Manny to the Yankees then so be it. But don't worry. Angelos will block any Manny trade. All the O's will get is a draft pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me, at this point, you make the trade that gives you the best yield. If the Yankees offer us the best prospects, you 100% have to make that deal.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Yankees don’t need Machado they need to trade their guys for pitching.  There rotation is weak.  The pen is suspect in the middle and even their back end is struggling throwing the ball over the plate.  They won’t win jack if they don’t get that figured out.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

The Yankees don’t need Machado they need to trade their guys for pitching.  There rotation is weak.  The pen is suspect in the middle and even their back end is struggling throwing the ball over the plate.  They won’t win jack if they don’t get that figured out.

Yeah, the Yankees are much more likely to trade for pitching over Manny.  No idea what valuable pitching talent might be available.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bpilktree67 said:

The Yankees don’t need Machado they need to trade their guys for pitching.  There rotation is weak.  The pen is suspect in the middle and even their back end is struggling throwing the ball over the plate.  They won’t win jack if they don’t get that figured out.

Yankees can't pitch.  Manny plays short. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Angelos would never sign off on trading Machado to the Yankees. Never. It's not in the realm of possibilities. And as someone so astutely pointed out, the Yankees don't need offensive help, they need pitching. 

I'm all for speculating on where / if Machado will be traded, but can we at least make an effort to focus on the teams that need his bat and help at SS or 3B?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

I absolutely reject ANY attempt to put Manny on the Yankees.

Why maybe he will insist on playing short and become a clubhouse cancer.  I doubt the Yankees would want him now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Fla_O'sfan said:

No one dislikes the Yankees more than me, but If Manny wants to play on the Yankees, he will be there next year, so why not at least get some of their young talent in return.

If the Yankees want him.   I just don't see the Yankees signing him.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, weams said:

Yankees can't pitch.  Manny plays short. 

Exactly. I don't think Manny ends up with the Yankees. I think they'll throw all their financial resources at pitching - especially if Kershaw opts out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...