Greg Pappas

Machado Trade Expectations

Machado Trade Expectations  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Regarding the return we receive, what are your expectations of whatever Machado trade takes place?

• The return will be outstanding.
    • The return will be solid.
    • The return will be merely decent.
    • The return will be poor.
    • The return will be just terrible.
    • I expect we will not trade him at all, getting only a compensation pick in next year's draft.

Is the return on Britton likely to be less than it was last year.  I can't see the O's getting a top 100 prospect for him.  I believe the package from the Astros last year was headlined by Moran who was barely a top 100 prospect. 

1 hour ago, hoosiers said:

Short of getting Ruiz or May from LAD or Hiura from Mil or one of the pitching prizes in Atlanta, I think Phil has a strong contingent of 55 rated guys like Medina, Haseley and others that would provide a very nice return for MM.  While we should be getting the best prospects we can, Philly also has some other benefits - IMO, they will be the favorites with NYY to land MM - so let him see how Philly is now.  Philly has a clear need at SS given Crawford's struggles - something NYY does not have.  Let Philly pitch him for three months.

I went and looked at their top 30 prospects. I agree they could put together a nice package for Manny and Zach. Would really jumpstart a rebuild.

On a side note, remember a few days ago everyone was writing the Phillies were out of the trade? Don't believe everything you read, lol

13 minutes ago, weams said:

His velocity is up each day. 

Which I acknowledged in the post. But the way the argument was constructed leads readers to believe that Britton is hitting his dominant mark, which factually is unsupported by statistics. 

Edited by Hotdiggity

6 minutes ago, Hotdiggity said:

Which I acknowledged in the post. But the way the argument was constructed leads readers to believe that Britton is hitting his dominant mark, which factually is unsupported by statistics. 

I believe that he is. I believe people in the industry think he is. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, weams said:

If I still lived up there I would go to Camden Yards, get a ticket right behind home plate, sit near the guys with radar guns and talk to them. Sometimes you will even get a straight answer.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

I getting more optimistic by the day. The bidding war seems to be heating up. Now we just have to cross our fingers that they will actually trade him.

I’m going tonight with the full expectation that it’s the last time I’ll see Manny in an Orioles uniform, though I also have tickets on July 27.    Either way, I’m confident he’ll be gone by the deadline even if it goes to the final day (which could end up being a good thing).

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, weams said:

Count me as a believer too. ZB has rebuilt his value considerably, and a couple more outings at his current trajectory will put his value in the stratosphere. I agree with ElGordo, he may bring back as much or more than Manny.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, theobird said:

Count me as a believer too. ZB has rebuilt his value considerably, and a couple more outings at his current trajectory will put his value in the stratosphere. I agree with ElGordo, he may bring back as much or more than Manny.

That to me, means that Sixto has to be in the conversation with the Phillies if we send them Manny and Zach.

4 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

That to me, means that Sixto has to be in the conversation with the Phillies if we send them Manny and Zach.

I live in philly and the majority of radio hosts/caller were all onboard including sixto in a trade for machado and britton

• Upvote 2

If Machado is traded after games finish tomorrow and if he’s traded to an NL team, would he still be able to represent the AL? Would the beginning of the ASB count the same as the end?

6 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

I could leave them with Sixto, if I got Medina and Haseley back. I think it should be 5 prospects back from Phillie for the two big pieces. 5 really good pieces, headlined by Medina and Haseley.

2 minutes ago, Mddeckie said:

I live in philly and the majority of radio hosts/caller were all onboard including sixto in a trade for machado and britton

Sign me up for that. Would it be Sixto and two more players?

Just now, theobird said:

I could leave them with Sixto, if I got Medina and Haseley back. I think it should be 5 prospects back from Phillie for the two big pieces. 5 really good pieces, headlined by Medina and Haseley.

Haesley isn't THAT big of a piece imo. I like him but he's more of a high floor guy than a future really good OF imo. I'd happily take him back but don't think of him as a massive piece.

7 minutes ago, Mddeckie said:

The more the Machado rumors play out the more PHI seems to make sense from an NL standpoint. PHI is doing well with the rebuild. I could see Machado re-signing in the off-season more than I could see MIL (budget) or LA (Seager). Ownership probably wants to make a push/splash. Don’t discount the FO’s relationship with the crumudgeom either. They have a decent prospect mix too. Nothing in line with the Dodgers besides Sixto on the top end but still pretty good depth. And depth will be just as important to the O’s rebuild as premium prospects will be. So, there’s a lot of good reasons. Just make sure not to consummate a trade before the Dodgers roll into town 😀

Edited by Hotdiggity

4 minutes ago, theobird said:

I could live with that as long as we get an IF prospect or 2. The O's system is pretty weak there.