Greg Pappas

Machado Trade Expectations

Machado Trade Expectations  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Regarding the return we receive, what are your expectations of whatever Machado trade takes place?

• The return will be outstanding.
    • The return will be solid.
    • The return will be merely decent.
    • The return will be poor.
    • The return will be just terrible.
    • I expect we will not trade him at all, getting only a compensation pick in next year's draft.

Just now, pwhite said:

If the trade is essentially done, why are we letting him play tonight? We should not take any chance of injury at this point.

I don't think the Orioles can tell Manny to sit out of the all star game.  

1 minute ago, FastEddie said:

I agree. I would have been really disappointed if he ended up in Philly...to many friends that are Philly fans, the whole Andy MacPhail situation....and they just won a super bowl...would be just to much.

Fingers crossed for Verdugo, Lux, and May.

Don't cross them too hard for that package. 

Sounds like Diaz is the guy that will be the centerpiece. I can imagine LAD evaluated him against Verdugo and decided Verdugo was their guy, making Diaz expendable to get Machado. I'd love to see Lux as the second piece. Again, they have Seager, and if they were to resign Manny, then a young SS becomes expendable. 

If I received those two, I'll take anyone else in their Top 25 no matter of the position. 

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I don't think the Orioles can tell Manny to sit out of the all star game.  

If they finalize the trade Manny won't have a choice.

20 minutes ago, Black Bat said:

Last I checked, Schoop occupies 2nd.  Why are we looking at middle infielders?  Don't we have a catcher who is busting and a hole at 3b with Manny departing?  And didn't the O's demand two starting pitchers when this began? 

A couple of points ....Schoop is a year from free agency. We need the best prospects that we can get regardless of position. Renato Nunez can be called up to play 3B, move Beckham back to SS , and leave Schoop at 3B.

3 minutes ago, scbalt52 said:

I would take Diaz, Lux, and Forsythe

I dont think the Orioles will! I think they will get at lease one pitcher.

Diaz/Verdugo, Lux, and Ferguson/Santana/Gonsolin/Kremer

1 minute ago, pwhite said:

If the trade is essentially done, why are we letting him play tonight? We should not take any chance of injury at this point.

Because they're the Orioles. 

I'm sure there's some precedent to this, where it's against the unwritten rules of baseball to not allow a player to play in the ASG because he's been dealt... against all rational thought. But this just isn't any normal trade.

This organization needs this to work out well.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, pwhite said:

If they finalize the trade Manny won't have a choice.

I would hope that the O's have spoken to A.J. Hinch and asked he be pulled rather early in the game. That shouldn't be hard to accomplish with Lindor and Seager on the roster as well. I think the idea is give fans an All-Star in the game and while that seems dumb--i think it does play a bit among the casual fans. I also think it is done to appease Manny. While the O's won't be resigning him, the idea of allowing him to play in the game rather than doing the deal before the game helps with the perception of how the team handles its players. The team doesn't have the best perception, being perceived as doing something that's caring for a player may play well amongst other players. It's still probably a bad idea to chance it, but I think that's the logic.

• Upvote 1

A  Dodger fan on the board are saying that it is a atleast a 5 for 1.  Diaz, May, Drew Jackson, Dean Kramer and Logan Forsythe to eat money.  Like always take it for a grain of salt but that seems to be some names we have heard and a few others.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FastEddie said:

I agree. I would have been really disappointed if he ended up in Philly...to many friends that are Philly fans, the whole Andy MacPhail situation....and they just won a super bowl...would be just to much.

Fingers crossed for Verdugo, Lux, and May.

Not to mention all of the forthcoming national stories about "Is Philly now America's Greatest Sports City?"

The Phillies, Sixers, Eagles would all have young star driven teams poised to contend for championships for the next 5 years. I don't know anything about hockey, but I assume the Flyers are decent.

It would be the worst. 

Buster OlneyVerified account @Buster_ESPN

Sources: The Orioles have structure of a deal in place, and are going through the medicals/paperwork portion of the transaction. Dodgers have been very invested in their pursuit of Machado, as have the Phillies and other teams, but this in not finished yet.

Not over until its over ...Why would we be reviewing medicals if we havent agreed to a package with a team.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

I dont think the Orioles will! I think they will get at lease one pitcher.

Diaz/Verdugo, Lux, and Ferguson/Santana/Gonsolin/Kremer

If they take on Forsythe to make the money work, i think the Orioles can grab a second piece with Diaz and Lux. They'll get a pitcher and while I would LOVE for it to be May, I'd be happy with any of the names you suggest.

1 minute ago, jamalshw said:

If they take on Forsythe to make the money work, i think the Orioles can grab a second piece with Diaz and Lux. They'll get a pitcher and while I would LOVE for it to be May, I'd be happy with any of the names you suggest.

If we get Diaz, Lux, and May I will find Duquette and kiss him

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2