Greg Pappas

Machado Trade Expectations

Machado Trade Expectations  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Regarding the return we receive, what are your expectations of whatever Machado trade takes place?

• The return will be outstanding.
    • The return will be solid.
    • The return will be merely decent.
    • The return will be poor.
    • The return will be just terrible.
    • I expect we will not trade him at all, getting only a compensation pick in next year's draft.

Hiura isn't going anywhere, he's not long from taking Villar's job at 2B. If Baltimore got him for 3 months of Manny that would be absolute robbery. He's about as safe a bet as there is to rake in the major leagues besides Vlad Jr. I think something like Corbin Burnes,  I could see one of Corbin Burnes/Brandon Woodruff, one of Corey Ray/Brett Phillips then someone farther off.

Who is running this team? They think they're going to get what they would have gotten last year? Well, what am I saying? They're not 24-62 by accident, of course they don't know what they're doing.

9 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Not what I like to hear Jerry

And this is why a lot of us are not convinced he will be moved.

Angelos is looking for 5X the pick value so he will turn down 2.5X the pick value and take the pick instead.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

And this is why a lot of us are not convinced he will be moved.

Angelos is looking for 5X the pick value so he will turn down 2.5X the pick value and take the pick instead.

That would be beyond stupid. This is the Orioles so it might happen that way.

These reporters have said things from, 'Manny is the greatest rental of all time and we should expect to see a great return for the O's' -to- 'The O's may be asking for too much for a short-term rental'.  It IS therapeutic to talk about it, but in the end there isn't a thing we can do about it but hold onto the hope that the deal is a good one.

With that said, this 'therapy' is driving me crazy! LOL

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Greg Pappas said:

These reporters have said things from, 'Manny is the greatest rental of all time and we should expect to see a great return for the O's' -to- 'The O's may be asking for too much for a short-term rental'.  It IS therapeutic to talk about it, but in the end there isn't a thing we can do about it but hold onto the hope that the deal is a good one.

I think the former group doesn't understand ownership as well as the latter group.

• Haha 1

Well, the winning bidder doesn't want to overpay by one high quality prospect. 

I am sure it is like pulling teeth trying to get five to eight bidders to incrementally raise their offers based on the best offer.

I am looking for prospects who will become 2-3 WAR players in the MLB.  Hopefully, the Os receive a package that results in two guys reaching that level.

Just now, hoosiers said:

Well, the winning bidder doesn't want to overpay by one high quality prospect. 

I am sure it is like pulling teeth trying to get five to eight bidders to incrementally raise their offers based on the best offer.

I am looking for prospects who will become 2-3 WAR players in the MLB.  Hopefully, the Os receive a package that results in two guys reaching that level.

I would be satisfied with that. We'll see what happens.

19 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Not what I like to hear Jerry

Let's remember that Crasnick is the one who wrote the article last week about dysfunction in the Orioles clubhouse right after were heard that the Orioles are running well and focused from Buster Olney.

Crasnick clearly has some sources with a disfavorable view and his reporting should be viewed in that light.

I am not a Heyman fan especially in the off season when he becomes a Boras mouth piece but during the season he is usually pretty accurate on trades.

Crasnick lost a lot of pathos with me when his article blindly hypothesized that Dempsy and Bordick were being considered for manager.  The Orioles aren't anywhere near that decision point.  And so I will take what he says with a grain of salt.

• Upvote 3