Greg Pappas

Machado Trade Expectations

Machado Trade Expectations  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Regarding the return we receive, what are your expectations of whatever Machado trade takes place?

• The return will be outstanding.
    • The return will be solid.
    • The return will be merely decent.
    • The return will be poor.
    • The return will be just terrible.
    • I expect we will not trade him at all, getting only a compensation pick in next year's draft.

5 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Do you have a  comp for D Santana who was their #5 rated prospect by MLB earlier this season? I'm sure that May has passed him and White may have dropped back some. I used MLB.com as they have the guys lined up and did not post Alvarez, J Sheffield because they have 7.00 ERAs and Morgan Cooper because he hasn't pitched.

I would be asking for May or White right off as your are replacing a top 10 for another top 10. I would accept Gonsolin with an upgrade to another part of the deal or Kremer with a much larger upgrade.

I'm not suggesting how I'd do it as Im not dealing with the scrutiny!

Santana Scouting grades: Fastball: 65 | Slider: 55 | Changeup: 45 | Control: 50 | Overall: 55

White Scouting grades: Fastball: 65 | Slider: 65 | Curveball: 55 | Changeup: 45 | Control: 50 | Overall: 55

May Scouting grades: Fastball: 55 | Curveball: 55 | Changeup: 50 | Control: 55 | Overall: 50

C Ferguson Scouting grades: Fastball: 55 | Curveball: 55 | Changeup: 50 | Control: 50 | Overall: 45

Gonsolin Scouting grades: Fastball: 65 | Curveball: 55 | Slider: 55 | Splitter: 60 | Control: 50 | Overall: 45

Kremer Scouting grades: Fastball: 60 | Curveball: 55 | Slider: 50 | Changeup: 45 | Control: 50 | Overall: 45

I'm not sure you understand my point. You said we are trying to extract more from the Dodgers. I am saying that we have no leverage to do that, as it seems pretty clear that the Dodgers already had the best offer on the table, and it is unlikely that we pull Manny off the table.

4 minutes ago, theocean said:

Apparently the O's love May, so if he has a medical issue - that could really hold up the deal.

Hard to imagine which is why I believe it was Santana

May's last 10 appearences

DATE OPP W L ERA SV IP H ER BB SO
05/25/2018 @IE 1 0 4.70 0 6.0 2 0 0 5
05/30/2018 LE 1 0 5.14 0 5.0 5 4 1 6
06/05/2018 @LAN 0 0 5.08 0 5.2 10 3 0 4
06/10/2018 IE 0 0 4.42 0 5.0 3 0 2 8
06/15/2018 @IE 0 0 3.83 0 6.0 3 0 2 4
06/22/2018 SJ 1 0 3.96 0 5.1 4 3 1 7
06/27/2018 @LE 0 0 3.47 0 7.0 6 0 1 7
07/02/2018 IE 1 0 3.18 0 8.0 4 1 0 7
07/07/2018 @SJ 1 0 3.13 0 7.0 6 2 1 5
07/12/2018 LAN 0 0 3.09 0 6.2 2 2 1 12
TOTALS   5 0 2.19 0  61 2. 45 15 9 65

He just struck out 12 guys in 6 innings on 07/12

Just now, Roll Tide said:

I think you have some good ideas! Its painful to figure this out without knowing the deal. I think the Orioles are discussing it .... I probably ask to swap May for Lux and E Robinson for Gonsolin

If I am LAD, I am hesitant to put another pitcher into this deal unless my medical guys review the problem files and agree there was an issue. 

Kind of lost in this is a kid who is being told by Orioles doctors that he is damaged goods.  

It wouldn't surprise me if this trade goes down tomorrow, but it also won't surprise me if Manny is back in an Oriole uniform on Friday night.  

If the Orioles really plan to trade Britton, Jones, Brach, Trumbo, etc, they probably should have started fielding offers in April. Not sure they could ever pull of that many trades in 2 weeks.

1 minute ago, hoosiers said:

If I am LAD, I am hesitant to put another pitcher into this deal unless my medical guys review the problem files and agree there was an issue. 

Kind of lost in this is a kid who is being told by Orioles doctors that he is damaged goods.  

If the kid even knows he was supposed to be in the deal.  

4 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

I'm not sure you understand my point. You said we are trying to extract more from the Dodgers. I am saying that we have no leverage to do that, as it seems pretty clear that the Dodgers already had the best offer on the table, and it is unlikely that we pull Manny off the table.

I was copying a tweet dude ....If they are trying to trade and injured guy and we are refusing you have to replace him or kill the deal...which doesnt seem to be the case.

On the other hand .... From Heyman

so it's possible the Phillies and/or Brewers put in a call to see if they can jump back in.

15 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Was thinking the same thing.   It seems like once in every 5-10 major acquisitions something pretty material comes up.  

Most people abducted by aliens have had less rigorous physicals.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

I hope the snag isn't PA nixed the deal because he wants Machado to play the rest of the year to put fans in the seats.

That's been working so well this season...

3 minutes ago, hoosiers said:

They should only be reluctant if they think they are putting a better pitcher in. If they think he is worse, they should be happy Orioles are wrong about the injury (if they believe he isn’t injured).

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

If the kid even knows he was supposed to be in the deal.  

Maybe 100-150 pages back, I vaguely recall someone posting that May's family had been notified he could be traded.  Not sure of my recollection or the veracity of the post though.

Just now, hoosiers said:

Maybe 100-150 pages back, I vaguely recall someone posting that May's family had been notified he could be traded.  Not sure of my recollection or the veracity of the post though.

Actually I thought that was supposedly Lux's family.

2 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I was copying a tweet dude ....If they are trying to trade and injured guy and we are refusing you have to replace him or kill the deal...which doesnt seem to be the case.

On the other hand .... From Heyman

If you are the Brewers or Phillies, do you want the Os medical staff to ding Burnes or Medina?  Maybe you back out.

1 minute ago, Lucky_13 said:

Welp

The Fat Lady appears to be singing on May. If he were even remotely still being discussed, he wouldn't be pitching.