Greg Pappas

Machado Trade Expectations

Machado Trade Expectations  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Regarding the return we receive, what are your expectations of whatever Machado trade takes place?

• The return will be outstanding.
    • The return will be solid.
    • The return will be merely decent.
    • The return will be poor.
    • The return will be just terrible.
    • I expect we will not trade him at all, getting only a compensation pick in next year's draft.

35 minutes ago, Number5 said:

It's silly to propose that the Orioles accept the first offer and not negotiate.

I don't think anyone is proposing the O's not even make a counter offer.  Folks are suggesting the O's might have unrealistic expectations. 

I think we need to get the Manny trade done as soon as we can. His value is not going to increase. Then we should look to see what we can do with Jones, Brach, Trumbo and company. I think waiting until the deadline on Britton makes sense to hopefully get him pitch lights out, and hence increase his trade value. I would ramp it up right now on Manny, and hopefully that is exactly what they are doing.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, theobird said:

I think we need to get the Manny trade done as soon as we can. His value is not going to increase. Then we should look to see what we can do with Jones, Brach, Trumbo and company. I think waiting until the deadline on Britton makes sense to hopefully get him pitch lights out, and hence increase his trade value. I would ramp it up right now on Manny, and hopefully that is exactly what they are doing.

Agreed, he is one broken hamet bone away from getting us nothing

8 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SimonettiSource/status/1016038213650182144?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

If some of these offers are true, the Orioles truly have the most idiotic, delusional ownership group in sports. Like they sad, Orioles fans deserve better.

So basically, we got two offers for top 10 organizational prospects for about 3 months of Manny, and we turned them down??? If true, that's ridiculous. And if we are legitimately asking for two MLB ready SPs... well, again ownership/management is completely delusional.

I was going into this HOPING for a B/B- type prospect plus a C level prospect or two for Manny. TWO potentially B- or better prospects for Manny was MORE than I was hoping for sure. HOPEFULLY, this will cause someone to throw in another prospect in and we can get a deal done. Or we're going to find ourselves with just a draft pick and a lame duck half season for Manny in Baltimore.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, gtman55 said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SimonettiSource/status/1016038213650182144?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

If some of these offers are true, the Orioles truly have the most idiotic, delusional ownership group in sports. Like they sad, Orioles fans deserve better.

Or the Orioles deserve better fans. Chicken Egg. Attendance. DC. Whatever. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, weams said:

Or accepting a qualifying offer. 

Getting the pick is basically a failure in itself in a year where the team was never competitive. Outside of Machado suffering a major injury it was worst case scenario.

I would think the Brewers offer would be centered around Arcia.  Since it seems Hura is not available.  Arcia would be a very strong piece to center a deal around.  Him Burns/Ortiz and another lower level player would be a decent offer though I think other teams can beat that if they want to.  Arcia would be getting a guy when his value is down.

I think the O's would be really smart to leak that Britton and possibly Brach could go to the same team in a package deal. Even though both are sub par this year. The thought that either of them could return to form could potentially cause a bidding war. Or maybe it's just my wishful thinking.

Edited by OsEatAlEast

29 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

If those were the real offers Manny should be wearing a new uniform.

I believe we are talking speculation of internet heroes. I believe we will not ever know the facts. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, HokieOs said:

So basically, we got two offers for top 10 organizational prospects for about 3 months of Manny, and we turned them down??? If true, that's ridiculous. And if we are legitimately asking for two MLB ready SPs... well, again ownership/management is completely delusional.

I was going into this HOPING for a B/B- type prospect plus a C level prospect or two for Manny. TWO potentially B- or better prospects for Manny was MORE than I was hoping for sure. HOPEFULLY, this will cause someone to throw in another prospect in and we can get a deal done. Or we're going to find ourselves with just a draft pick and a lame duck half season for Manny in Baltimore.

Sounds like a thoughtful analysis of a fair return. It seems like some fans on here expect other Front Offices to feel bad for the O’s inept FO and hand over a couple of A-/B+ prospects for a rental. For as good as Manny is....he’s a rental. 

How would you feel a out a deal with Brandon Woodruf from the Brewers? Has been in the majors the last couple of years. Good young arm. If that's what you're looking for. I honestly believe the Brewers have the most Major League ready guys, if that's what you're looking for.