Greg Pappas

Machado Trade Expectations

Machado Trade Expectations  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Regarding the return we receive, what are your expectations of whatever Machado trade takes place?

• The return will be outstanding.
    • The return will be solid.
    • The return will be merely decent.
    • The return will be poor.
    • The return will be just terrible.
    • I expect we will not trade him at all, getting only a compensation pick in next year's draft.

20 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

If we trade him to the Yankees and they win the World Series with him will it bother you?

I'm sure we would all be very happy for them

26 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

Yes, everyone knows the Orioles troubles due to ownership.  Perhaps it's the worst management in baseball, at least it seems so from our perspective, if you follow the team closely over the years.  Criticism is warranted.  No question.

Having said that, certainly not all other 29 teams are storybook and we're the lone exception.  There are teams like the Mets, who despite sharing the #1 market in the country, years later,  are still feeling the effects of the Wilpons being taken in a Ponzi scheme by Bernie Madoff.  The Miami Jeters got bent over without the courtesy of dinner and flowers, let alone a lubricant, in the Stanton deal, but it helped the Yankees so all is good.

Rosenthal is a national reporter now and yet it seems the only front office he repeatedly goes after is Baltimore.   Bashing Baltimore is low hanging fruit, and it's lazy.

So you've read all of his columns over the years, he's never criticized another front office other than Baltimore's?  I find that hard to believe.

As you said, criticism is warranted.  I've got no issue with anyone taking this franchise to task.  You can call it low hanging fruit, but I am not sure what else you'd call two decades worth of ineptitude spattered with some winning seasons.  

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

So you've read all of his columns over the years, he's never criticized another front office other than Baltimore's?  I find that hard to believe.

As you said, criticism is warranted.  I've got no issue with anyone taking this franchise to task.  You can call it low hanging fruit, but I am not sure what else you'd call two decades worth of ineptitude spattered with some winning seasons.  

Give me a break.  I've read enough, not just the ones that talk about Baltimore.  Also, I didn't say never, but name me another drum he has beaten as often as Baltimore.  Agree to disagree.

20 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

If we trade him to the Yankees and they win the World Series with him will it bother you?

The Yankees already have won the World Series 27 times what is one more time going to bother anyone?  Will it bother the Yankees fans if they don't win a World Series and the players we got for Manny start helping us win?

19 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

Give me a break.  I've read enough, not just the ones that talk about Baltimore.  Also, I didn't say never, but name me another drum he has beaten as often as Baltimore.  Agree to disagree.

I'm not disputing that Rosenthal had a long lasting axe to grind, but Angelos and his dysfunctional tenure as owner has certainly given any journalist plenty to material throughout the years. I'd beat that drum too.

21 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

I guess what I was asking is:  What's so bad about beating up on Baltimore's ownership?  We do it daily around here.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

I’m able to segregate news from opinion.    I value Rosenthal as a reporter of news.   His opinions I can take or leave.    

Did anyone post this from Roch's latest?

I’ve heard that one proposal from the Orioles, and it didn’t require them to get down on one knee - though it might have gotten them a ring later - involved May, Verdugo and catcher Will Smith.

2 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

That would be a feasible I think, not crazy for either side. I would prefer Robinson in any deal if possible though, even if it meant dropping Chisholm and Varsho. 

If the Orioles are fishing for stars, there is no one available with more star potential than Kristian Robinson IMO. 

Agree, I could see him being a top 5 prospect in all of baseball in two years if he keeps developing.  If I'm trading with AZ, he is an absolute must.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Chito said:

Did anyone post this from Roch's latest?

I’ve heard that one proposal from the Orioles, and it didn’t require them to get down on one knee - though it might have gotten them a ring later - involved May, Verdugo and catcher Will Smith.

I wonder what the counter proposal was, if any.

21 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I guess what I was asking is:  What's so bad about beating up on Baltimore's ownership?  We do it daily around here.

As I said before, there's a difference between us locally and being a national reporter who should have plenty of other problems to report if he were so inclined.  You like the guy; I find him to be way too cocky, and I know we're not going to find common ground.  Peace.

• Upvote 1