weams

2018 3rd Rd (87) Blaine Knight - RHP-Arkansas

So a near 22 year old with projection - don't see that very often.  Expect to see him at Aberdeen late this season?  

12 minutes ago, Orioles1954 said:

Six! The number of SEC pitchers who lost to Blaine Knight who were drafted before him.

Yep. He beat Casey Mize, Brady Singer, Ryan Rolison, etc.

He and Arkansas play South Carolina Saturday night on ESPN2 in Super Regionals.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, gohogs14 said:

Yep. He beat Casey Mize, Brady Singer, Ryan Rolison, etc.

He and Arkansas play South Carolina Saturday night on ESPN2 in Super Regionals.

Welcome! WPS and Go O's!

Just reading through the information on him, and I like this a a 3rd round pick. I like college arms in that 3rd round because you can find some value there. Saying that, I hope the Orioles have some plans for some infield help. Would be nice to have some legitimate 2B/SS/3B prospects added to the system.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

I just don’t understand.... 3/4 players are pitchers.

We desperately need position players that can play good defense with some power and a high OBP.

BPA?

I'm not drafting for need in the third round of the MLB draft.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Just reading through the information on him, and I like this a a 3rd round pick. I like college arms in that 3rd round because you can find some value there. Saying that, I hope the Orioles have some plans for some infield help. Would be nice to have some legitimate 2B/SS/3B prospects added to the system.

I'm hopeful they are targeting those for when they start selling off pieces.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

BPA?

I'm not drafting for need in the third round of the MLB draft.

Pitchers bust out at a pretty high rate especially Orioles system pitchers. Hate to be disagreeable but we need positional talent and while the one position player selected so far appears to have a good glove I’m not sure he will hit enough at the majors to justify the pick

15 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Pitchers bust out at a pretty high rate especially Orioles system pitchers. Hate to be disagreeable but we need positional talent and while the one position player selected so far appears to have a good glove I’m not sure he will hit enough at the majors to justify the pick

This team needs young talent period. 

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

This team needs young talent period. 

Pitchers can always be traded for position players. 

I think you build as much pitching depth as you can.  Free agent pitchers are very expensive, often unpredictable and are not exactly beating down the door to Baltimore.  I also think we need that next wave of pitching help to be strong.  We do have multiple OFers on the verge in the high minors plus a young catcher plus Mancini.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, hoosiers said:

I think you build as much pitching depth as you can.  Free agent pitchers are very expensive, often unpredictable and are not exactly beating down the door to Baltimore.  I also think we need that next wave of pitching help to be strong.  We do have multiple OFers on the verge in the high minors plus a young catcher plus Mancini.

Plus Mountcastle and whatever he's going to be. 

44 minutes ago, weams said:

Pitchers can always be traded for position players. 

Lol....right Weams! For Dumpster acquisitions at the deadline for a team pretending to compete. Or after they are deemed worthless by most organizations and traded for scraps....ala Arrieta

3 hours ago, Orioles1954 said:

As a native Arkansan, Diamondhog fan and the only Razorbacks/Orioles fan on the planet, I'll just say WOOOO PIG SOOOIIIEEE!!! Great program that does an excellent job of teaching fundamentals. Big game pitcher in the best baseball conference in the NCAA. He could be pitching in the College World Series soon as the Hogs are in the super regionals.

Brooksie could be, right?

• Upvote 1