Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Deadwood Fan

Richard Justice on the O"S

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, esmd said:

Here's the thing - Louis and John may turn out to be great owners.  We just don't know until they're in that position.  Look the the 49ers.  Eddie DeBartolo was a fantastic owner.  Then his sister got control of the team, and they went to crap.  I'd venture to say Hal Steinbrenner has been a better owner than his Dad, at least in terms of allowing the baseball people to do the jobs he's hired them to do.  Just because the father leaves much to be desired, doesn't mean the son's can't be better.

Didn't George Steinbrenner win a bunch of World Series as owner of the Yankees? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Hate to hurt your feelings but whose Posnanski?  

He's a sports writer.

And my feelings aren't hurt, some folks here would probably tell you I don't have feelings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, esmd said:

Here's the thing - Louis and John may turn out to be great owners.  We just don't know until they're in that position.  Look the the 49ers.  Eddie DeBartolo was a fantastic owner.  Then his sister got control of the team, and they went to crap.  I'd venture to say Hal Steinbrenner has been a better owner than his Dad, at least in terms of allowing the baseball people to do the jobs he's hired them to do.  Just because the father leaves much to be desired, doesn't mean the son's can't be better.

Another good example is Rocky Wirtz of the Blackhawks. Bill Wirtz wouldn't broadcast home games during the 90s and 2000s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He's a sports writer.

And my feelings aren't hurt, some folks here would probably tell you I don't have feelings.

You have a cold, black heart.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, atomic said:

Didn't George Steinbrenner win a bunch of World Series as owner of the Yankees? 

Not until he got out of his own way and let the baseball guys and Joe Torre do their jobs in the mid-90's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 110 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...