Sign in to follow this  
Deadwood Fan

Richard Justice on the O"S

6 hours ago, esmd said:

Here's the thing - Louis and John may turn out to be great owners.  We just don't know until they're in that position.  Look the the 49ers.  Eddie DeBartolo was a fantastic owner.  Then his sister got control of the team, and they went to crap.  I'd venture to say Hal Steinbrenner has been a better owner than his Dad, at least in terms of allowing the baseball people to do the jobs he's hired them to do.  Just because the father leaves much to be desired, doesn't mean the son's can't be better.

Didn't George Steinbrenner win a bunch of World Series as owner of the Yankees? 

8 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Hate to hurt your feelings but whose Posnanski?  

He's a sports writer.

And my feelings aren't hurt, some folks here would probably tell you I don't have feelings.

6 hours ago, esmd said:

Here's the thing - Louis and John may turn out to be great owners.  We just don't know until they're in that position.  Look the the 49ers.  Eddie DeBartolo was a fantastic owner.  Then his sister got control of the team, and they went to crap.  I'd venture to say Hal Steinbrenner has been a better owner than his Dad, at least in terms of allowing the baseball people to do the jobs he's hired them to do.  Just because the father leaves much to be desired, doesn't mean the son's can't be better.

Another good example is Rocky Wirtz of the Blackhawks. Bill Wirtz wouldn't broadcast home games during the 90s and 2000s. 

39 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He's a sports writer.

And my feelings aren't hurt, some folks here would probably tell you I don't have feelings.

You have a cold, black heart.

13 hours ago, atomic said:

Didn't George Steinbrenner win a bunch of World Series as owner of the Yankees? 

Not until he got out of his own way and let the baseball guys and Joe Torre do their jobs in the mid-90's.