Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Frobby

You have to admit, we picked a pretty good year to be horrible

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Cy Bundy said:

Apparently next years draft has the elite #1 prospect that this one lacked. It’s a fine year to be the worst team in baseball. 

I don’t think anyone knows at this point who the no. 1 pick will be next year.    Too much can happen in a year that changes the picture.   

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Cy Bundy said:

Apparently next years draft has the elite #1 prospect that this one lacked. It’s a fine year to be the worst team in baseball. 

Who do you have in mind as the #1 pick? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2018 at 9:06 AM, Going Underground said:

Is there an Airplane joke somewhere in your post?

 

 

This^. LMAO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cavspider said:

He seems to be the pick right now on several of the sites that rank prospects, but it’s not unanimous and I don’t get the sense that he’s head and shoulders above everyone else.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does he compare to like Bryce Harper coming out of high school?

I don't remember many other consensus #1 picks that were seen as uber prospects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Aglets said:

How does he compare to like Bryce Harper coming out of high school?

I don't remember many other consensus #1 picks that were seen as uber prospects.

Harper turned pro out of college.  🧐

It really is too early to project someone at #1.  Witt certainly doesn't have Harper level hype.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Harper turned pro out of college.  🧐

It really is too early to project someone at #1.  Witt certainly doesn't have Harper level hype.

Harper earned his GED in 2009 and played one season in college before being drafted by Washington.

Looks like this will be a very similar path to what Witt does.........that's why I'm asking about the high school comparisons.  Obviously we can't look at his college career before it has happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aglets said:

Harper earned his GED in 2009 and played one season in college before being drafted by Washington.

Looks like this will be a very similar path to what Witt does.........that's why I'm asking about the high school comparisons.  Obviously we can't look at his college career before it has happened.

Arod and Griffey?  I wasn't tracking the draft that far back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Harper turned pro out of college.  🧐

It really is too early to project someone at #1.  Witt certainly doesn't have Harper level hype.

Those Las Vegas Juco schools don't count when you go as a high school Junior. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

What kind of numbers is Witt putting up in HS? Are they Manny-like??

"In his past two seasons, Witt has batted over .470 and recorded 18 home runs, 93 RBIs and scored 92 runs. He is currently committed to Oklahoma."

This is all I found in an mlb.com article.   Apparently A Rod hit .505 with 9 HR in his senior year of HS.   So they seem at least comparable maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aglets said:

"In his past two seasons, Witt has batted over .470 and recorded 18 home runs, 93 RBIs and scored 92 runs. He is currently committed to Oklahoma."

This is all I found in an mlb.com article.   Apparently A Rod hit .505 with 9 HR in his senior year of HS.   So they seem at least comparable maybe?

I don't think comparing high school leagues is going to be a very fruitful endeavor.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...