Bahama O's Fan

Our Starting Pitchers-Trade or Keep?

The way I see it is keep Gausman and see if he continues his trend of being a much better second half pitcher. If he puts up a sub 3.40 ERA in the second half like he did last year, his numbers will look really enticing and he'll have two years of control so you can probably get a nice package for him.

As far as Bundy is concerned, it depends on how long you think it will take for the Orioles to be competitive again. I'd hold onto him at least until the offseason and place him on the trading block. If you get blown away with an offer then take it, but if not hold onto him for another year and try to resign him . It is possible that Bundy could factor into the next competitive Orioles team.

I wouldn't trade either Cashner or Cobb because their value is fairly low right now and you have both of them on the team next year. Cobb's value could recover and net you some decent pieces, and Cashner could be a decent innings eater next year.

Just now, Bahama O's Fan said:

Any thoughts from anyone else?

Depends on how many ML ready arms they get back.

Right now I don't see anyone in the minors that I would hand a spot in the rotation to.

I think we are stuck with Cobb for the mean time.  Let's hope he is above average next year than maybe we trade him after next season.  I think Cashner's value is as high as its going to get, could be a good August trade candidate.  Bundy and Gausman could bring in a haul if traded, I'd shop them now, but if nothing is enticing in return, I'd shop them in the offseason with the intent of getting something done.

I'm not concerned with who takes their spots as we are in a rebuild.  AAAA fodder is fine with me if it means we win in 3-4 years.  If we get solid prospects in return, maybe one of those guys can fill in, but why rush their MLB service clock.  

next years starting 5: Cobb, Castro, Hess, Ramirez, and Yac

30 Win Season BABY!  Bring on the draft picks!

Keep Bundy. Trade Gausman only if the return is good. Otherwise, hold on to him and see if he continues to increase value. 

Trade Cashner for salary relief. Should be able to find a buyer.

Probably stuck with Cobb unless he is packaged with Manny. I would be OK with that.

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Keep Bundy. Trade Gausman only if the return is good. Otherwise, hold on to him and see if he continues to increase value. 

Trade Cashner for salary relief. Should be able to find a buyer.

Probably stuck with Cobb unless he is packaged with Manny. I would be OK with that.

Packaging Cobb with Machado? Sure, but I won’t hold my breath.

I’d trade both Bundy and Gausman. They won’t be any good by the time this team is competitive again.

48 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

That would bring back less prospects

If you can get multiple top prospects for each of them I would trade Bundy and Gausman.  I don't see it happening though.  

• Upvote 1

I could see Cashner being traded to the A's or Angels. They both need rotation help and Oakland might make a small move to reward their guys for being surprise contenders.

Cobb they're stuck with

Keep on all but Cashner.  Someone might recognize what he does well and that is keep the other team to 3-5 runs per game.  On a team with a good offense that is worth something.

Cobb is untradeable but I really 5hink this might be the worst year of his contract.  Gausman is better traded after the season if you are going to trade him.  No one trades a pitcher like Bundy until they have to or are otherwise utterly blown away.

I'm all for trading all of them, especially if there is no indication Bundy or Gausman will sign long term contracts.

The haul we could get for Bundy and Gausman would accelerate the rebuild faster than anything we'll get back from a Manny trade.

12 hours ago, atomic said:

If you can get multiple top prospects for each of them I would trade Bundy and Gausman.  I don't see it happening though.  

This...